Is anyone leaving the S8s for any S9?

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I upgrade every year on TMobile but this time around I am thinking of waiting to see what the note 9 has to offer my s8 plus is still a great phone

jeffyboy65

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I've had an S8+ since day one.
I thought about the 9, but decided to do a reset on mine, and it feels like a new phone.
Think I'm going to hold out for the X.

Cheri1558

Mar 6, 2018
Visit site
I love the S8 Note. The fingerprint scanner being in the back on either phone is not useful if you have a case on it so to me it I not worth the upgrade.

Zulfigar

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The S8+'s finger print location never bugged me (long fingers), then the fact this is more of an incremental upgrade then a whole new form factor has me staying with my current generation for another year, as it still meets my day to day needs.

Next year though, I'll probably go for a Note when the 7nm processors are out.

slever68

Mar 6, 2018
Visit site
My S8+ is totally fine for me at this point. It's just not worth the extra price for a few modifications that may or may not be actually noticeable.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
absolutely not. I am not the kind to buy a new phone every year. I was perfectly happy with my S5 for the longest time until it went kaput. Then I bought a cheap Moto G4 plus...great phone, but cracked the screen. I got the S8 and I love it. The incremental upgrade from the 8 to the 9 is not worth it in my opinion.

David_Silber

Mar 6, 2018
Visit site
The S8+'s finger print location never bugged me (long fingers), then the fact this is more of an incremental upgrade then a whole new form factor has me staying with my current generation for another year, as it still meets my day to day needs.

Next year though, I'll probably go for a Note when the 7nm processors are out.
Where did they relocate the finger print sensor to? I LOVE where it is on the s8!!!

Akash Pandey1

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site
S9 concept is some way better then note 8 bcoz I like it's fingerprint sensor position as it is quite pretty and very handy to use. Another thing is that it has the latest snapdragon which will enhance it's performance. Although I m going to purchase it soon.

Zeromatthew1

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site
Honestly, I really wanted to upgrade to the s9 plus. Although, I already have the s8 plus, I really don't want to spend that amount of money for a few upgrades. If there were something major that changed, then I'm all for it, other than that, this phone met my needs and standards.

jmakk007

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I was definitely on the fence, but when considering the speakers, more durability, better finger scanner placement and faster processer I'm sold, these might seem to be minor update but they have addressed all my pain points. after this upgrade I'll probably have it for a long time

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a huge fan of Samsung but I don't mind the S8 (maybe because it doesn't have that annoying home button; and because it has a really nice look and feel to it) - if I had it I'd for sure keep it over the S9.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered the S9+ a couple days ago. I'm on the 12 month upgrade plan at AT&T, so it's easy to get a new phone. Between the new camera, dual speakers and extra RAM, I'll be happy to check it out. I never have any interest in other manufacturers phones anyway, so the only other option would be the next Note.

bhawna singh1

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site
For me... S8+ is perfectly fine . Camera quality is good and other features is also good but one it's come to switching the phone with S9+, than i think i will love to upgrade my phone with S9+. It feels great to use latest gadgets with advance technology.