Is anyone pre-ordering the U Ultra

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Kind of ticked off right now. The notification shipping notification I got was for the 3.5mm USB C adapter and not the phone. As far as I can tell, my card had not been charged yet so that means it has not shipped.
Wow that sucks sorry man. Call them and at least try to score some freebies because of the delay. I know not ideal but let them know they you are unhappy and everyone else's orders are shipped.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Got the phone just now. Feels great, blue is sexy and it's a shame I have to put some case on this. Just feels great to pick up and hold. Setting up things now and playing around.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Wow that sucks sorry man. Call them and at least try to score some freebies because of the delay. I know not ideal but let them know they you are unhappy and everyone else's orders are shipped.

The rep with HTC was basically useless. I just ended up placing another order today. The HTC rep said I should get my order by the 15th.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
What happened to your previous order?

It is still in a pending status on PayPal. HTC is blaming PayPal and PayPal is blaming HTC for the order not going through. I just said forget and placed another order. The charge has already went through with this order.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Got the phone just now. Feels great, blue is sexy and it's a shame I have to put some case on this. Just feels great to pick up and hold. Setting up things now and playing around.

Let me know how you like it once you get a chance to play with it.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It is still in a pending status on PayPal. HTC is blaming PayPal and PayPal is blaming HTC for the order not going through. I just said forget and placed another order. The charge has already went through with this order.
Grr... good luck. Hopefully you get your device soon

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Let me know how you like it once you get a chance to play with it.
Feeling good as of now but that's because it's new shiny toy
Got to see how it feels after few days. It's little bigger than pixel xl and feels little tough to handle with case. Without case it looks stunner and even feels nice and balanced to hold. Just listening to the ultra sonic ear phones it comes with and damn impressed. Display looks fine, nowadays all of them look good. Initial impressions at least is great, need you see how I feel after the new phone hype dies down.

Edit: I do see light bleed where the secondary display meets the main display. More prominant under some darker background. Some reviews mentioned this and it's present. Personally never bothered me, but I think lot of people are going to be pissed especially given the price.

Last edited:

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Feeling good as of now but that's because it's new shiny toy
Got to see how it feels after few days. It's little bigger than pixel xl and feels little tough to handle with case. Without case it looks stunner and even feels nice and balanced to hold. Just listening to the ultra sonic ear phones it comes with and damn impressed. Display looks fine, nowadays all of them look good. Initial impressions at least is great, need you see how I feel after the new phone hype dies down.

Edit: I do see light bleed where the secondary display meets the main display. More prominant under some darker background. Some reviews mentioned this and it's present. Personally never bothered me, but I think lot of people are going to be pissed especially given the price.
I have the same issues but strangely it's more visible in bright pictures and it's in the area below the camera, directly adjacent to the secondary screen. doesn't bother me, but it's there.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issues but strangely it's more visible in bright pictures and it's in the area below the camera, directly adjacent to the secondary screen. doesn't bother me, but it's there.
That's right I didn't explain properly, it's below the camera area adjacent to secondary screen.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

That's right I didn't explain properly, it's below the camera area adjacent to secondary screen.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
What was your previous phone? It's barely bigger than the iPhone 7 Plus. You get used to it in now time, don't worry.
I currently have the pixel XL and iPhone 7 plus along with this. Those were feeling big but after using this Pixel XL feels very comfortable :)
Those were already on the limit in terms of comfortable use.

I think needs few days to get used to this. One thing for sure listening to music on this via the bundled earphones puts to shame listening to music on the pixel XL. I don't know if it's the combination of the DAC and earphones or one of them, it's just awesome.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
What was your previous phone? It's barely bigger than the iPhone 7 Plus. You get used to it in now time, don't worry.
You are right, I just measured both iPhone 7 plus and U Ultra both with the cases. They are same to same in terms of height and width. Crazy how big the iPhone bezels are even compared to the U Ultra. Without the cases U Ultra is slightly tall and wide but not by much. Anyway not using both phones without case.

a97cd8fbd6342042c85e039c295e480f.jpg

95ebda4d1956ff6b654952b203bbb58c.jpg

56834498eda0f84a4c7173f752b800f1.jpg

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe