Is it just my battery life that sucks?

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is so horrible that something has to be wrong with the phone. I can't find what's causing it. Today all I did was drive around and used the Internet a little and 8 hours later I come home with 14%. Maybe I'm expecting too much, and this is normal battery life?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA using Android Central Forums

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I do notice the battery isn't that great I am at 53% with light usage and I'm always on wifi

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

helloworld1

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
This is just very light usage and 1 hour of screen time, 20 minutes of phone calls, and a bunch of texts.

I am using franco kernel on balanced mode.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
This is just very light usage and 1 hour of screen time, 20 minutes of phone calls, and a bunch of texts.

I am using franco kernel on balanced mode.

thats actually some pretty good usage!

But I've also noticed that the battery isn't to good. Hoping I can get that to change without installing a custom ROM with some battery tweaks :(

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Best combo I've set up so far AOKP Milestone 5 (the latest build, 37, doesn't seem quite as good, but that could be me), Franco's kernal, the latest UG baseband, and a 2000mAh battery. I've gone 24hrs (down to about 27%) some wifi, some mobile browsing, facebook, twitter, texting, a couple emails.

.The Word Alive.

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I just turn off my 3G until I need it. My battery lasts all day. I've had 13 hours+ While turning the 3G on after work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

barkermichaelj

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed significantly better battery life just by turning off wifi, 3g and Bluetooth when not needed. Also turning off auto brightness and downing the back light helps a lot too. Most custom roms have nice options that put custom toggles in the notification bar to do this quickly.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I leave wifi on always. Still have stock battery and today with moderate use I'm at 70% battery remaining after almost 15 hours:
62f59160-5aa0-5d31.jpg

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
When I'm at work my battery life sucks but I barely get a signal in my office for 3g.I had the same issues with my Epic 4G. When I'm most other places the battery life seems decent enough but nothing going great. I solved my issue by just getting a 2nd battery.

Question if I turn off the 3g radio will I still receive texts and phone calls?

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
When I'm at work my battery life sucks but I barely get a signal in my office for 3g.I had the same issues with my Epic 4G. When I'm most other places the battery life seems decent enough but nothing going great. I solved my issue by just getting a 2nd battery.

Question if I turn off the 3g radio will I still receive texts and phone calls?

if you turn off the 3G radio you will get texts and phone calls as long as your not in airplane mode. Airplane mode turns off all radios.

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Should I take my phone to Sprint cause it's just getting worst? I tried using Franco kernel on conservative governor, and my battery life was slightly better the first day. Then it got worst.

I hate carrying around a second battery but it looks like that's my only option now or Sprint could give me a new phone.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Should I take my phone to Sprint cause it's just getting worst? I tried using Franco kernel on conservative governor, and my battery life was slightly better the first day. Then it got worst.

I hate carrying around a second battery but it looks like that's my only option now or Sprint could give me a new phone.

Do you have your screen on Auto brightness? Because that is a battery hog.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion, let Sprint switch it out for you. That is way too much power use.

I have the Seidio 3800 mAh extended battery and case on the way. Mine was barely lasting a day with light to moderate use. I don't like having to charge it during the day, but that's just me.
I will let you know how it works out as that may be the way to go. Even with a new phone.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus 6.

ajk511

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I when posting your screen shots include one of the screen on time. The battery killer on this phone is the screen. 14 hours or a full day of battery time doesn't mean anything if you only have 20 minutes of screen on time. Over on xda the consensus is that you SHOULD be able to get 4 hours of screen on time with the right settings. Under volt and under clock if you're comfortable with that. Super easy to do on aokp roms. There are plenty of apps that will turn 3g on and off with the screen (built into aokp power saver settings). Turn off location by network, gps, bluetooth etc. All easy to turn on when you need them. Use black backgrounds, black themes for your apps etc. While this does nothing for lcd screened phones, it is a huge saver on our amoled screens.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA using Tapatalk 2

Fairfaxbiker

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I've got the 3800 Seido, so battery life not a big issue for me anymore, but I keep seeing opposing viewpoints on autobrightness...has anyone done rigorous testing(autobrightness vs maybe 30% bright?