Is it just my battery life that sucks?

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Seidio's 3800 mAh battery for the Nexus is fantastic.
I am on day 3 and it works great. I have, of course charged it during this time.

I am going to see how much I get before it needs to be recharged. May run it all the way down just to see how long it lasts.

Mav. :cool:

NoCheese

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Any tricks to extending the battery life without rooting? Nothing against rooting the phone except I can't as my work email system looks for that and shuts down the client when detected.

I'll see if the wife wants hers rooted as she has no limitation due to her only using hers for personal use.

We have screen brightness down when we can (difficult to see in bright light so have to revert to auto when outside). But I see references to underclocking and the like but don't know how to do that without rooting (if even possible).

deploylinux

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I just got lucky, but I've been amazed at how long the standard battery lasts when wifi + 3g are constantly enabled. On the other hand, I don't try to watch movies on my phone....just email, sms, tapatalk, twitter, etc...looks like I can almost go two days between charges.

Last edited:
Reactions: icewater106

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Here we go.
Got the Seidio 3800 mAh extended battery and so far it is da bomb.
These readings are of me doing moderate use.
Also have Juice Defender which, as you know, shuts down the 3G signal when the screen is off. Calls and texts do come through. This does make a big difference. Also put it in Airplane mode for 7 hours while I slept.
I recommend the Seidio extended battery.
42576f23-84a8-b09e.jpg

P.S. I like my screen brightness all the way up. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus 6.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Are you speaking of the thickness and how it looks installed?

yeah. it looks like the hump is reversed. Because we have that hump at the bottom and with the extended battery the whole back is a hump except the bottom right?

How does it feel in the hands? I guess is my real question.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
yeah. it looks like the hump is reversed. Because we have that hump at the bottom and with the extended battery the whole back is a hump except the bottom right?

How does it feel in the hands? I guess is my real question.

I got both the battery/back cover and then the matching case all from Seidio through Amazon.
Early Father's Day gift. :p

It is not as bulky as you would think.
The "hump" stops right above the speaker at the bottom rear of the phone so it balances out.

I will take some pics, with and without the case, and post them up.
Stay tuned.

.The Word Alive.

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Had wifi on the whole time. Made my battery last so much longer. Its 3G in my experience that kills the battery, for me its not the phone but sprints 3G.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I believe it was 2 1/2 hours.

That's awesome! Unfortunately I can't rely on Wifi all day (unless I'm at work) because the wifi at home is worse than Sprint's 3G. But I usually get about 12 hours on my battery which is enough for me, I would like more though :)

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I got both the battery/back cover and then the matching case all from Seidio through Amazon.

It is not as bulky as you would think.
The "hump" stops right above the speaker at the bottom rear of the phone so it balances out.

I will take some pics, with and without the case, and post them up.

First the numbers:
42576a7b-61e2-892a.jpg

Pics with the Seidio stuff.
First and second are with the battery and back installed w/o the case:
425769d3-68da-b8b5.jpg

425769d3-68fe-cd10.jpg

These are with Seidio's matching case for this set up.
425769d3-6978-924b.jpg

425769d3-699a-6633.jpg

425769d3-69c9-4f36.jpg

I recommend the Seidio 3800 mAh extended battery for the Galaxy Nexus.
No compensation has been made for this testamonial. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus 6.

.The Word Alive.

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
That's awesome! Unfortunately I can't rely on Wifi all day (unless I'm at work) because the wifi at home is worse than Sprint's 3G. But I usually get about 12 hours on my battery which is enough for me, I would like more though :)

Yeah I'm usually not on wifi all day. I'm working on a hotel for 2 weeks so I was able to have it all day.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
We're getting WiFi this week here at work, can't wait!!! My battery life is going to be great now. :)

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I can't believe I'm the same person that was complaining about sucky battery life. I switched from AOKP to CM9 with stock kernel. I also turn off mobile data when I'm not using it.

difrent7

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
My first Galaxy Nexus used to get 14 hours consistently with 3 hour screen on time without ever turning off data. I sold it and recently purchased another one and this one goes 7-9 hours with only 1.5 hours of screen on time. I think im going to take it to Sprint to get the battery checked out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali