Is it possible to move my Whatsapp chats to Android from iPhone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I'm switching over to an Android phone and was wondering if I can transfer my Whatsapp chats? I have backed up the chats in Whatsapp, but it only lets me back them up to iCloud and not Google Drive. I have tried using a phone transfer programme (Fonelab) but that is not picking up my complete phone backup for some reason. My iphone is the 4S model, and I can't get the Google Drive app on it (it's not compatible apparently). So far I've been able to move my contacts over to the new phone, but have not found a way to transfer anything from Whatsapp apart from my group chats which appear automatically when I set up Whatsapp on my new phone. Is there any way I can also move my individual chats?

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I'm switching over to an Android phone and was wondering if I can transfer my Whatsapp chats? I have backed up the chats in Whatsapp, but it only lets me back them up to iCloud and not Google Drive. I have tried using a phone transfer programme (Fonelab) but that is not picking up my complete phone backup for some reason. My iphone is the 4S model, and I can't get the Google Drive app on it (it's not compatible apparently). So far I've been able to move my contacts over to the new phone, but have not found a way to transfer anything from Whatsapp apart from my group chats which appear automatically when I set up Whatsapp on my new phone. Is there any way I can also move my individual chats?
Here's a tutorial https://www.guidingtech.com/56044/transfer-whatsapp-media-iphone-android/

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
While it's admirable that someone found a way to do it, be aware that the process linked by methodman89 is not an official process from Whatsapp. Do not expect support from Whatsapp, and unless methodman89 has used the app suggested the app linked in that article is unknown to us...

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
While it's admirable that someone found a way to do it, be aware that the process linked by methodman89 is not an official process from Whatsapp. Do not expect support from Whatsapp, and unless methodman89 has used the app suggested the app linked in that article is unknown to us...
I accept the promotion to Admiral. Do you have a boat?

N B 10

Aug 26, 2019
Visit site
No. To be honest, I thought it would be a simple process rather than having to go through a complicated process. Shows how naive I was! :)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No. To be honest, I thought it would be a simple process rather than having to go through a complicated process. Shows how naive I was! :)
It would of been lot smoother if you were coming from another Android device as they use Google drive for WhatsApp backup

N B 10

Aug 26, 2019
Visit site
I know, but up to now I had been on iOS so unfortunately I'm stuck in this position. It's just frustrating that you can get all your group chats but not the individual ones.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I know, but up to now I had been on iOS so unfortunately I'm stuck in this position. It's just frustrating that you can get all your group chats but not the individual ones.
Yeah, I agree ..let's see if other members can suggest anything different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred