Is it possible to stream internet radio from a tab through Chromecast?

rickjs

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Specifically, if necessary, I listen to Radio Paradise a lot. Using the laptop or tablet, I use Winamp to stream 192k.

That, obviously, won't work throwing it to the TV. I'm stumped. Is there a work-around?

rickjs

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. It got me to thinking of a different way of attacking the problem. Radio Paradise doesn't play on any of those, as far as I know. It does play on Shoutcast but the only thing that would work was a low bit 64 feed from the Shoutcast website. That was a MP3 feed. Better bit rates are all ACC+ and Chromecast won't work...just buffers (for lack of a better word) forever. Throwing it from a Media Player link on the Radio Paradise website doesn't work, either. TV goes to a grey screen. But, Radio Paradise has a link for 128k to something called Tune-In and that works.

Thanks, again. I know my problem was specific to getting Radio Paradise as opposed to a more general question about streaming music but your response led me to thinking about a different way of solving the problem.

Paul Opitz

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
If you launch the RadioParadise HD Slideshow, then click in the top of that frame and select "Show as Tab" you'll have a Chromecast button on that window that works (and 'casts fine).

rickjs

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. Figured it out long ago. Just go to any Radio Paradise page. Start the player at the top of the page. Cast 192k. Works fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AppletoDroid40