is it worth waiting for Samsung s5 prime

bbmjack

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Anyone?
I think prime version is not happening,
Shall I buy the Samsung s5 or wait for prime one?

Posted via Android Central App

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
By the time the prime is released there will be something better right around the corner. It's a never ending process of waiting for the best thing :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Even if it is released who knows if it will ever hit the USA anyway.

Accused Samsung and Verizon fanboy from my Verizon Galaxy S5

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If we waited for every next great thing we wouldn't actually be using the current great thing. Whether or not its worth waiting is up to you, I don't care about plastic vs metal since I use a case and honestly I am more concerned about storage, performance and battery capacity than I am about metal and a QHD display that I won't be able to tell the difference between that and a 1080p.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
All great points.

I do think Samsung will release this to compete will Apple's iPhone 6.

That's the beauty of contracts and taking advantage of upgrades. Either you'll profit from it or break even. I went from hTc M8 to the S5 in 4 days.

SHIFT_pro s5

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
All great points.

I do think Samsung will release this to compete will Apple's iPhone 6.

That's the beauty of contracts and taking advantage of upgrades. Either you'll profit from it or break even. I went from hTc M8 to the S5 in 4 days.

SHIFT_pro s5

That is what the note is for... Even if they offer thus "super phone" i will still probably end up getting the note 4 since it is a bigger screen :)

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I have no problem losing what $50, $100 depending on the model and/or my patients.

No phone is perfect and I love them all but I do get bored and IMO it's worth the lost to upgrade this quickly. In a few weeks I will sell the S5 for Sony's XPERIA Z2.

SHIFT_pro s5

snowpiercer

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I guess it’s worth the wait . It is rumored Galaxy S5 Prime will offer a sharper display and beefier processor, according to Asia Today, which cited information from unnamed industry sources. As reported by Sammobile, the phone would bump up its screen resolution to 2560x1440 pixels from the 1920x1080 found on the current S5. The Prime would also be powered by an Octa-core Exynos 5430 processor and Samsung would finally, jettison the current model's plastic body in favor of a metal one.

_Zguy__

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Waiting for the Note 4 makes perfect sense as it will likely be most of what the S5 Prime is rumored to be but will probably never happen. I think its safe to say the Galaxy S5 with its 801 and 1080p will be safely in the elite category till around next year when a proper 64 bit chip comes out with a the S6. Any resolution above 1080p is waste on a 5 inch screen, just will ruin the benefit of a faster processor.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I guess it’s worth the wait . It is rumored Galaxy S5 Prime will offer a sharper display and beefier processor, according to Asia Today, which cited information from unnamed industry sources. As reported by Sammobile, the phone would bump up its screen resolution to 2560x1440 pixels from the 1920x1080 found on the current S5. The Prime would also be powered by an Octa-core Exynos 5430 processor and Samsung would finally, jettison the current model's plastic body in favor of a metal one.

Does that resolution mean anything in real life usage? Not really ...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac