Is my phone bricked?

2kmy477

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I made a stupid mistake t flash the wrong framework-res.apk to my Optimus S and now the phone did not boot up properly, when I powered on the phone the LG and the Sprint logos came up, then the "Android" logo was in a loop, would not load the OS, I tried hard reset in the stock recoevery (I'm rooted but no custom recovery) to no avail. Is my phone completely bricked? How can I reload the stock rom back ? Please help. Thanks.

2kmy477

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Use the update.zip for the ZVD downgrade, since it's properly signed and can be flashed using stock recovery.

-- Starfox

Thank you for your reply. I'm still on 2.2, is ZVD 2.3? I searched but could not fine the ZVD update zip in the forum, do you have the link for it? thanks again

Update : I found the ZVD update.zip, will try to flash to see if it works. Thanks again.

Last edited:

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. I'm still on 2.2, is ZVD 2.3? I searched but could not fine the ZVD update zip in the forum, do you have the link for it? thanks again

Update : I found the ZVD update.zip, will try to flash to see if it works. Thanks again.

ZVD is Froyo 2.2. The update.zip will work, just place on Root of SDcard. ZVH is gingerbread2.3.

Reactions: 2kmy477

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
ZVD is Froyo 2.2. The update.zip will work, just place on Root of SDcard. ZVH is gingerbread2.3.

However, just to confuse things a bit, if you want CM7, you have to be on zvd baseband currently. Stock zvh is a bit buggy however, just a warning. If you aren't sure what version you have, check your status bar. If it's black, you have zvh (GB), and if it's white, you have zvd (FroYo).

Reactions: 2kmy477

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23