Is T-Mo version only on September Security update?

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi Folks:

I'm fairly new to this device and noticed that my T-Mobile version is only in the September Security update. Is that where everyone else is too? LG just published the January update info before Google did. Seems strange that they and T-Mo would be so far behind.

Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I think it was at least up to November update... I only had the device for a couple weeks but I do remember a lot of people saying that they had gotten the update after I returned it (I, too, thought their LG support was lagging behind)

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi Folks:

I'm fairly new to this device and noticed that my T-Mobile version is only in the September Security update. Is that where everyone else is too? LG just published the January update info before Google did. Seems strange that they and T-Mo would be so far behind.

Thanks
I'm still on September, lol. I've tired update LG Bridge but it never goes through.

Other carriers got couple update by now already. I guess they're busy pushing next uncarrier movement.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
To make sure you're up to date, download LG Bridge to your computer, plug in your phone, then check for updates. Make sure to backup your phone beforehand. You can backup using LG Bridge.

middbrew

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I haven't gotten on for the AT&T branded V20. I'm a bit surprised as they were pretty good with them on other devices.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Funny I am also on the Sept date. No OTA for me, LG Bridge will not work for me. Called T-Mobile and the rep told me I was on the most current, told him that H91810i was out, users had it and it has the Dec release. He told me my info was wrong. Going to try a different rep (likely same result, what did Eisenstein say about that?) \. But likely will just have to wait.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Funny I am also on the Sept date. No OTA for me, LG Bridge will not work for me. Called T-Mobile and the rep told me I was on the most current, told him that H91810i was out, users had it and it has the Dec release. He told me my info was wrong. Going to try a different rep (likely same result, what did Eisenstein say about that?) \. But likely will just have to wait.
Yeah. I'm on the same boat as you.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Doubtful they give you any other answer because they haven't started pushing it yet. Their software page doesn't even have the V20 on it right now for some reason.

https://support.t-mobile.com/community/phones-tablets-devices/software-updates

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Why can you not use LG Bridge? If you have it on your computer and it's not working for you, delete it and reinstall to see if that helps.
I posted about this on other topic. Error message " cannot check software version. Try again"

- tried reinstalling driver/software couple time
- plugged my phone in everyday to see I have update.
- Chat with LG Rep, they stated I can't update software through LG Bridge. Lol.
-
-
-

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I posted about this on other topic. Error message " cannot check software version. Try again"

- tried reinstalling driver/software couple time
- plugged my phone in everyday to see I have update.
- Chat with LG Rep, they stated I can't update software through LG Bridge. Lol.
-
-
-

Call them again and ask to speak to a tech rep.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm still not getting any luck with LG Bridge and my T-Mobile V20. I get an error after it starts the update. The error message says "The update cannot be downloaded". I've uninstalled and reinstalled, etc.

Call and ask to speak with a tech rep. They may be able to update themselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcunado109