is the lgv10 good enough to refrain from upgrading this year??

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I must say I am happy enough with my lgv10 that I don't really feel the need to have to upgrade this year. It's the first time in a long time that i feel that I am not missing out by holding onto this phone for the next two years..

Posted via the Android Central App

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. Late year release with back buttons.
"Always on" screen? Second screen takes care of that mostly.
With no lag, I will have no urge to move on this year.

Posted from my LG V10

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Most likely I will hold onto it for a while.

I'm looking forward to seeing the official announcement of the G5. I don't like that buttons have been moved to the sides and most of the leaks suggest it will have a smaller screen than the G4 which is a non starter for me. I am intrigued by the modular slot to see what they do with it.

I'm not really interested in anything Samsung has to offer.

If T-Mobile starts carrying the 6P in stores soon I might switch to it.

But must likely I'll still have the V10 until the V11 and next Nexus come out.

IamPro

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Give me root and we good. Verizon pushed out an update that fixed the fingerprint scanner, I know TMobile users are still SOL atm tho.

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Definitely agree. The V10 was the only higher end phone I saw that looked like it could last a while. Metal sides, 16 MP fully manual camera and *always* on second screen that saves precious screen space when you get a text are insane. If LG continues to make V* phones, especially ones of this quality, ill most likely be getting them again. Now, if only we had that MM update.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I am not one upgrades every year and usually stay with a device for two years due to contracts. Given this, I have had devices that I felt stuck with that did not hold up to thy hype. For the first time in a long time, I have a device that I feel I am stuck with.

The V10 has fulfilled most of my expectations and then some had have encountered very little issues that could not be fixed or worked around. The only thing I can say I do not like, coming frm the HTC family, is the LG UI. But I am getting use to it.

Knightstalker

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I love the V10... but the Samsung S7 Edge might lure me in if it has the sd slot as rumored... might hand off the v10 to my brother unless he goes for the G5 which is also enticing... it's hard keeping a phone... gotta love Tmobile jump

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
No. There will be a Nexus this year, possibly two of them. I'll probably buy them both. The V10 IMO is still a bit behind the Nexus 6P and will only be further behind than the next crop of devices this fall.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
We'll have to see what MM brings to the table on this phone. But it works great with 5.1.1. Some have had problems with the fingerprint scanner, but I haven't. I considered one other excellent phone when I chose the V10, but chose the V10. I'm extremely happy with my choice. Unless the MM upgrade breaks it, I'll probably stick with it awhile.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
My V10 has been great so far. Hoping MM doesn't ruin things. Only way I would logically replace my V10 is if the next model took everything about the V10 and did it significant'y better... TWO SD card slots, significantly better battery life, more easily swapped batteries, better cameras, better screen, easier to use UI, better reliability, better DAC/sound quality, improved durability, better water-resistance...etc

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
My V10 has been great so far. Hoping MM doesn't ruin things. Only way I would logically replace my V10 is if the next model took everything about the V10 and did it significant'y better... TWO SD card slots, significantly better battery life, more easily swapped batteries, better cameras, better screen, easier to use UI, better reliability, better DAC/sound quality, improved durability, better water-resistance...etc

When mm comes out I will hold off a few weeks and let everyone else test it out as lolipop works great

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I am a new Android user, coming from iOS... when the carriers release OS upgrades from Android, is it possible to revert back to the down revision? Or is it like iOS, and a one way street only?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
In terms of features, no. You won't need to upgrade for a long-time.

In terms of hardware, it's a bit dated at this point, but it should be more than capable for 2-3 years of usage at minimum.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have heard nothing but good things about the LG V10 - if you like it, do not upgrade! Hang onto that happy phone feeling! :)

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the LG V10 and the Nexus 6p.... They are both amazing... I love them both equally, but I love the Nexus a bit MORE equally.

Posted via my Nokia 8210 from the inside of a Kitten.

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
I like my V10. I will be using it the next two years, minimum.

I just wish OK Google would spawn the Here Maps and start navigation when I request it...<sigh>

David W. Mitchell
Posted from LG V10 via Android Central app...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick