is the nexus 5x camera the same one found on the nexus 6p ?

enrico_rusli

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
According to dxomark, the nexus 6p camera is better than lg g4 and iphone 6 and only lost 2 points to s6 edge. If the nexus 5x camera is the same as the 6p, it will be great

Posted via the Android Central App

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
According to dxomark, the nexus 6p camera is better than lg g4 and iphone 6 and only lost 2 points to s6 edge. If the nexus 5x camera is the same as the 6p, it will be great

It's the same rear camera. The only difference is that the rear camera cannot do Smart Burst like the 6p, but this is due to the difference in ISP between the 808 and 810 chips. The front cameras are also slightly different.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It's the same rear camera. The only difference is that the rear camera cannot do Smart Burst like the 6p, but this is due to the difference in ISP between the 808 and 810 chips. The front cameras are also slightly different.
This is the 2nd time I've heard this. Where did you find this out?

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
This is the 2nd time I've heard this. Where did you find this out?

Nexus Camera Gets Huge Improvements, Slow-Motion Video, Smart Burst (6P Only), Launch Shortcut, And More

also, I've seen on here people mentioning the 5x doesn't do slow-mo video, it looks like it does, just not as high of a fps as the 6p (due the processor differences).

"Support for slow-motion video is probably one of the features users have been most clamoring for, and now it's here on both the Nexus 5X and 6P. Videos can be recorded in 120fps on the Nexus 5X and up to 240fps on the Nexus 6P, allowing playback to be slowed down by up to a factor of 5 at 48fps."

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Also, this tidbit:
The Nexus 5X Lacks Electronic Image Stabilization, 240fps Slow-Motion Video, And SmartBurst Because The Snapdragon 808 Isn't Fast Enough

"According to Dave Burke in the Reddit AMA, the 5X won't have electronic image stabilization, 240fps mode, or SmartBurst because it's not fast enough."

So it sounds like the 5x may not do as well as the 6p in low light situations. But it does have the same sensor, just lacks EIS and processing prowess of the 6p. I guess we'll have to wait until we get some more hands on experience.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Can't wait to see real world test results and camera review comparisons with other devices. Thanks for sharing the information, co.ag.2005.

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I've had enough. I'm canceling my pre-order of Ice 5X and probably going to get a 32GB 6P now

I really wanted the 5X to workout because I'm coming from the 5 but it's too gimped. No wonder why Google shafted all the spotlight away from it during the press event.

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I've had enough. I'm canceling my pre-order of Ice 5X and probably going to get a 32GB 6P now

I really wanted the 5X to workout because I'm coming from the 5 but it's too gimped. No wonder why Google shafted all the spotlight away from it during the press event.

Yeah, I'm starting to lean that way too. I've got both coming with the 5x for my wife while I get the 6p. If the 5x doesn't meet her needs, I might move her to a 6p or something else.

Posted via Android Central App

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

Why not give it a try? Return if you don't like it. I don't know how you can judge a phone without even putting it through the paces and your workflow. I did order the 5x and 6p, will keep the one that best suits me. But I have a feeling the 6p will be too big for me. I guess we'll see! Either way, late October can't get here soon enough!

WinstonSmith#AC

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I need some help.

I ordered a 5X the other day, but the more I hear the more I am concerned. I like the 6P specs and things, but I think its just too big.

My main question, I guess, is how much difference am I going to see in the 5X cam vs. the 6P cam? My main subject will be taking photos, and occasionally videos, of my 2 year old son.

I feel like there are a lot of great things and a lot of compromises with the 2015 Nexi. Lack of wireless, lack of OIS, lack of true QuickCharge, lack of SD, lack of removable battery (I know, its not happening.)

I think I could be OK with all of those in the 6P minus the enormous size. I've been using a Nexus 5 again recently from a G3 and really missed that form factor. Now I'm considering a 6P? Enormous.

G4 seems to have most of my boxes checked, but the lack of updates kills me.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I need some help.

I ordered a 5X the other day, but the more I hear the more I am concerned. I like the 6P specs and things, but I think its just too big.

My main question, I guess, is how much difference am I going to see in the 5X cam vs. the 6P cam? My main subject will be taking photos, and occasionally videos, of my 2 year old son.

I feel like there are a lot of great things and a lot of compromises with the 2015 Nexi. Lack of wireless, lack of OIS, lack of true QuickCharge, lack of SD, lack of removable battery (I know, its not happening.)

I think I could be OK with all of those in the 6P minus the enormous size. I've been using a Nexus 5 again recently from a G3 and really missed that form factor. Now I'm considering a 6P? Enormous.

G4 seems to have most of my boxes checked, but the lack of updates kills me.

If your main concern is the camera, I think all you can do is wait for real world reviews comparing the two. It's hard to judge a camera based on specs alone. Tech sites should be getting review units in the near future, I would imagine.

WinstonSmith#AC

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. I guess my main concern is how important would "burst mode" be for me when trying to get photos of the kid?

I don't care about slo motion recording.

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I guess my main concern is how important would "burst mode" be for me when trying to get photos of the kid?

I don't care about slo motion recording.
If you really want good life long lasting pics of your kids you should consider a SLR or a good point and shoot. It's amazing how we have gotten used to looking at camera phone photos but they still pale in comparison to photos taken from a real camera. I look back at phone photos of my kids from just a couple years ago and am shocked at how crappy they look now.

Moto X 2014