Is the note 4 worth buying?

bwlmog

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I'd welcome the views of those of you that either do or have used the Note 4. I'm based in the UK and as such the Note 5 still hasn't been released and may not through official channels. I'm out of contract and have been for some time and my current phone (original HTC One) is showing its age with slow down, poor battery life with slow recharge and an awful camera. The current flagship phones just don't do it for me and I keep coming back to the Note 4.

My questions are as follows;

would you buy the Note 4 now?
How does it operate after a year?
how does it run with Lollipop?
Specifically for those using it on EE, are there any issues to be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I would buy it. I have mine on Vodafone in the UK on Lollipop 5.1.1 and it runs fine.

Most of the horror stories you hear on this forum about problems with Lollipop steam from US variants abs the customisation of the softwares that they do over there. A Vodafone UK based Note4 runs fine and van still handle current software.

Posted from my kicking Samsung Note4 on Lollipop 5.1.1

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I'd welcome the views of those of you that either do or have used the Note 4. I'm based in the UK and as such the Note 5 still hasn't been released and may not through official channels. I'm out of contract and have been for some time and my current phone (original HTC One) is showing its age with slow down, poor battery life with slow recharge and an awful camera. The current flagship phones just don't do it for me and I keep coming back to the Note 4.

Thanks in advance.

I have both phones. If the Note 5 was not available, as in your case, then I would get the Note 4.

I haven't had any issues with Lollipop on my Note 4. There is also talk, though not confirmed, that the Note 5 is coming to the UK. This sticker has some info.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/ph...laxy-note-5-might-be-coming-to-the-uk-1302856

bwlmog

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Kelly,

Ideally I'd get the Note 5 but I need a new phone with decent camera with family holidays and Christmas fast approaching. With Samsung dragging their heels and starting to pull the Note 4 in the UK to apparently focus on edge devices I can't take the risk of waiting.

Thanks for taking the time to reaping though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Derric Smith

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.
It's a great phone but I'd avoid the Verizon and AT&T versions at all costs. Other than that comparing it to the rest of the phones out there it's still great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I value removable battery and media, so for me the note 4 was the only option. I got one and am very glad i chose to go that route.

Rocko

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhgzqXWi68Q

If removable battery and the ability to add storage is worth anything to you, get the 4. I scoured over this topic for weeks. The 5 also has a glass back which is not an ideal material-easily fingerprinted and broken. The 4's back is very durable and can be replaced very cheaply if it gets damaged-rare.

Last edited:

bwlmog

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I would buy it. I have mine on Vodafone in the UK on Lollipop 5.1.1 and it runs fine.

Most of the horror stories you hear on this forum about problems with Lollipop steam from US variants abs the customisation of the softwares that they do over there. A Vodafone UK based Note4 runs fine and van still handle current software.

Posted from my kicking Samsung Note4 on Lollipop 5.1.1

Thanks for the advice, I've ordered the Note 4 with Vodafone UK. Just hope it doesn't come with too much bloatware. Can't go wrong £32 a month for 10gig data unlimited calls and unlimited data for first three months.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buchenzo