Is the Playbook better than the Nexus 7..how?

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
And why does everyone make a big deal about the camera on a tablet? I've never, ever seen anyone take a pic using their tablet, anywhere in the country. And I travel a lot. I have an 8MP camera on my ASUS tab, that takes awesome pics. But I'll never use it. I wish it didn't come with a camera at all. Useless waste of money on a tab, IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

I was at the Brickyard/IMS for the race and actually saw someone pull out a big arse iPad to take a picture. I was like lol, wtf, it was just awkward.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

berrydroidapple

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a Playbook earlier in the year, and loved it.

What I liked:
1. Front facing speaker sound quality.
2. Portability.
3. Screen quality.
4. Front and back camera quality.
5. HD video recording and playback.

What I didn't like:
1. App World sucked, too few apps.
2. Multi-tasking was clunky.
3. Updates too far apart for basic tab support.
4. Perpetual "it will be better on next update" after being on market 2 years.

I eventually sold the device while traveling in Southern Mexico for what I paid.

berrydroidapple

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I was at the Brickyard/IMS for the race and actually saw someone pull out a big arse iPad to take a picture. I was like lol, wtf, it was just awkward.

LOL, I actually used my Playbook for photos and videos while traveling through Mexico. I was traveling with a lame Blackberry Curve at the time and didn't want to deal with it's low quality.

BlastTyrant

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
LOL, I actually used my Playbook for photos and videos while traveling through Mexico. I was traveling with a lame Blackberry Curve at the time and didn't want to deal with it's low quality.

I suppose if your tab has the better camera, you'd want to use it. But if pics are that important to someone, there are numerous phones that have better cameras. Or, you can walk into any of the big drug store chains and buy a stand alone camera that's much better than any communication device offers, and they're so cheap they're practically free LOL.

BlastTyrant

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

Exactly...
Unless your main goal is just to show the people around you that you have a tablet LOL

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Last year, my daughter's school had an outdoor event. The sea of tablets being held over people's heads was hilarious.

Then a rain shower hit, and it was even funnier - everyone scrambling to get their $500-1000 tablets under cover.

While my $200 shock-and-waterproof purpose-built compact camera just kept chugging along.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandiwagner