Is the Priv compatible with Straight Talk Wireless

Rickenbe

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know on the bring your phone plan of Straight Talk Wireless if the Priv is compatible? My Straight Talk uses AT&T towers.

SteelGreek

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you know if you can buy the Priv on Straight talk on subsidy? $700 is so steep.

Not that I'm aware of - AT&T has it only (for now). You can get it form AT&T or ShopBB. You need the 001 variant from either of those places for it to work for you. Any other won't work as well as you'd like.

Von Spradlin

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know on the bring your phone plan of Straight Talk Wireless if the Priv is compatible? My Straight Talk uses AT&T towers.

I bought the Priv through Blackberry at full retail... Took the Straight Talk AT&T nano Sim out of my Nexus 6, put it into my brand new Priv and everything worked perfectly. Didn't have to change a single setting.

Posted via the Android Central App

dh321

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
For those of you that brought the Priv to Straight Talk, can you verify once again all is working fine?
I'm considering their service as well as purchasing the Priv. And can someone verify the 5G data limit of high speed indeed resets each month?
Thanks in advance!

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
For those of you that brought the Priv to Straight Talk, can you verify once again all is working fine?
I'm considering their service as well as purchasing the Priv. And can someone verify the 5G data limit of high speed indeed resets each month?
Thanks in advance!
I have been using ST for 3 yrs now and with Priv since November. No issues and everything works fine.
I can't comment on whether 5GB limit resets each month, as I don't do over 2GB eveb with high usage.

LingWind

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Does the mobile hotspot work on Priv? I know StraightTalk tethering is blocked on iPhone and most of android phones, but just works on my Z10.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I just switched to net10, which is the same company as straight talk. I also moved my phone number from a sprint phone to this one. I got a text telling me to change the APNs, and I tried, but the phone wouldn't let me. Nonetheless, I have data, texts, and phone service. I got the sim for "unlocked gsm or AT&T phones". So far, so good.

LingWind

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Do you see a tethering switcher in the quick toggles, or do you see anything like mobile hotspot in wireless setting? Let me know if you are able to tether with MVNO.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, yes! But if I try to toggle them, it says "go to att.com/mywireless or dial 611, which seems odd, since my contract is with Net10, even if they ARE reselling AT&T bandwidth.

SelfSpun

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi Von Spradlin,
Does it still work and has Data worked for you? I asked Straight Talk this weekend if a Priv will work and they said yes. I ordered it with Blackberry. Today I called Straight Talk to get the nano sim ordered and they said only voice & txt will work but no data!!!
Thanks.

SelfSpun

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi Shashankmittal,
Which StraightTalk Nano SIM do you use? AT&T or T-Mobile? Straight Talk said today they prefer T-Mobile over AT&T but only voice & text will work but not Data (this after they said Priv works with ST 3 days ago! I haven't received my Priv but was calling to order the SIM. I got off the call without ordering the SIM wondering if I should switch service provider. Can you confirm if Voice, Text and Data all work for you and if so, which SIM you use?
Thanks.

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi Shashankmittal,
Which StraightTalk Nano SIM do you use? AT&T or T-Mobile? Straight Talk said today they prefer T-Mobile over AT&T but only voice & text will work but not Data (this after they said Priv works with ST 3 days ago! I haven't received my Priv but was calling to order the SIM. I got off the call without ordering the SIM wondering if I should switch service provider. Can you confirm if Voice, Text and Data all work for you and if so, which SIM you use?
Thanks.

I use their ATT Sim and it works fine. 4G LTE works with no issues. I don't think the customer support person who you spoke with knew what they were talking.

MM_WA_LO_7

Aug 30, 2019
Visit site
I know this is an older discussion, but just in case there is someone out there like me who spent hours searching for advice on whether Straight Talk works on BB Priv.... Hope this helps: but the answer is YES! It does.... After finding this thread, I removed my Verizon SIM (which I no longer have a plan with), placed my current Straight Talk SIM in my Priv and it took no more than one powering off and one restart of the phone for my BB PRIV to begin working the way it used to (supposed to)! Very happy as it was so hard to switch from a BB to a generic basic non-smartphone. I tried out all of the functions and everything works well.... Calls-- outgoing and incoming, texts, IM, DM, Web, Docs, tools, etc.. Experiencing no problems. Very thankful :)
Always love a BB phone....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny