Is there a photo/gallery app that doesn't display all sub-folders on main screen?

Ferkner

Jan 22, 2018
Visit site
I have a folder on my SD Card called "Pictures", with sub-folders inside. I only want "Pictures" to show up on the main screen, where if I tap that box, I go to into that selection and that screen showing the sub-folders. Pretty much the way a File Explorer app works Are there any photo apps that do it this way? If not, is there a File Explorer app that can be told to default to a certain folder, or that displays as nicely as a photo gallery app? I just came from Windows 10 Mobile, and the Photo app on there did exactly what I wanted, so I am looking for something similar on Android.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The idea in Android is that each "album" is separate. And an "album" is the name of the last folder in the chain, So if you put pictures in /Pictures, /Pictures/Trip and /Pictures/Trip/Mountain, you'll see the "albums" Pictures, Trip and Mountain. With the current apps you just have to rearrange your folders.

Ferkner

Jan 22, 2018
Visit site
Yuck. So basically I'll need to use a file explorer app in order to view them the way I want. The reason I put pictures in sub-folders is so they don't appear with everything else. :)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes - either a file explorer or learn to develop Android apps and write a Gallery-type app that does it your way. (That's one reason a lot of apps get written - "I don't like it that way, I want it this way",)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timeless1