Is there a way to hide the power saving icon in the notification bar?

lachdanan

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I did some search but couldn't find an answer. Is this possible? I just don't see the point of seeing that I am using power savings once it's already turned on. It's not like I am turning it on and off. Also the new 2 finger slide down is quick enough if I need more info.

Any ideas?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I did some search but couldn't find an answer. Is this possible? I just don't see the point of seeing that I am using power savings once it's already turned on. It's not like I am turning it on and off. Also the new 2 finger slide down is quick enough if I need more info.

Any ideas?

They take it off your notifications in 4.3

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

lachdanan

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, really? I still have mine. I just restarted, and it's still there. Should I toggle the power savings on and off?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
1381097271193.jpg

Here's mine now after the update to 4.3
(The power toggles I added myself)

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

lachdanan

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, that's strange, mine only disappears if I turn it off.

Btw is that power toggles you are using? What about the second line that shows how long to fully charge?

BearDown85

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
If you pull down the notification shade and long press the power saver icon till app info appears open it and hit force stop. Power saver still functions but will no longer be in your notifications until you reboot or modify your power saver settings.

Posted via Android Central App

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, that's strange, mine only disappears if I turn it off.

Btw is that power toggles you are using? What about the second line that shows how long to fully charge?

Yes power toggles and the battery is battery widget reborn

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

lachdanan

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Do they really change those between carriers? If so that sucks. I thought they only change things like writing their own name to appropriate places, but that's all.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Wait though yours is turned off no? Pretty sure it looks off in that screenshot :)

Ooohhhhh lol I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to the notification drop screen. You are talking about the notification bar. My mistake, I removed the bar with adw ex launcher

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

WoodyR

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I feel the same way, and like ffejjj, I too am on Sprint so I don't think there are any differences in Sense between the carriers. In reviewing the changes HTC made to Sense that I finally got in this update (others got it in a 4.2 update), it was stated on multiple sites that the persistent Power Saver icon was going away. I read this as it would no longer be on either the notification bar or dropdown, but instead I'm pretty sure it only means the option disappears from the notification pull down menu when it's disabled. Once it's reenabled, both come back, though.

I also HATE the new NFC icon, as I leave NFC on all the time and hate having another icon crowding my notification bar. Also, why not NFC toggle in the quick settings? If you're going to force an icon on me, at least give me a quick way to turn it on and off, right? Other than these gripes, I definitely appreciate the update and improvements with Zoes, video highlights, and of course the things included in 4.3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc