Is there a way to recover deleted files from internal memory?

Meka Alexis

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
My pics and music were deleted from the phone's internal memory. All advice given are for phones with USB debugging and NOT for the GS4 that uses MTP and PTP. Is there anything I can do? I'm extremely desperate for the pics lost were of my deceased granny. Please help...

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
My pics and music were deleted from the phone's internal memory. All advice given are for phones with USB debugging and NOT for the GS4 that uses MTP and PTP. Is there anything I can do? I'm extremely desperate for the pics lost were of my deceased granny. Please help...

You can use DiskDIgger Undelete application, in order to get back the pics.... :)

Last edited:

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hmm thats a good reason to move them to an external sd card or to back them up with google plus or even the kies see google owns picasa the photo web site and when you get your google account and use google plus and activate the instant upload it will upload any picture but depends on how its formatted if you did a factory data reset most likely you might not get them back :( how did you delete them?

from my wonderfully rooted gs4 woot

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Yea most people aren't dare devils and root and say screw you its my phone I'll do what I want :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

LarryW3

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I have with the pc. Download recuva on pc and attach the phone to it. Select the phone and it will search for any undamaged files/pict/music... If you install something or use more memory for anything you run the risk of ruining the deleted files by righting over them.

shedeviljenan

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Help! I kinda have the same problem. Woke up one morning and all my photos under the default camera folder in gallery were gone! All that was left were the photos in the subfolders i created to sort the pics. Im using note 3 n9005 and its not rooted. I dont have an external sd card, everything was saved to internal memory. Is there no way to recover these photos and vids without rooting?

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Help! I kinda have the same problem. Woke up one morning and all my photos under the default camera folder in gallery were gone! All that was left were the photos in the subfolders i created to sort the pics. Im using note 3 n9005 and its not rooted. I dont have an external sd card, everything was saved to internal memory. Is there no way to recover these photos and vids without rooting?

Use Recuva like the other person mentioned.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

If you don't have an external SD when you downloaded something else it rewrote those files try that method with the computer but most likely no and get a drop box account or use Google plus and it will upload it to picasa for free (google owns picasa)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

dtug61

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I just tried to run this software using a Moto G phone, not an S4. It uses MTP/PTP so I have not been able to recover my lost photos/videos. The phone stopped and restarted turning off/on several times when the s/w was attempting to detect it. Can you please say whether the ANdroid Phone Recovery s/w will work for Moto G? It's my only ray of hope after 2 days of searching!

7ravler

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

If you know someone with a rooted device that takes an SD card you can put your card in their device and run Disk Digger. I did it for a friend of mine and retrieved all his lost pictures. I had to copy them onto my SD card, then rewrote them back onto his card. Worked like a charm! :cool:
And it will work on a re-formatted SD card if the old files weren't written over yet.