Is there any lag on the HTC One (M8)?

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I asked the same question about the GS5 because I have seen the lag in some of the tests performed. So for you guys that have been using the M8 for a week or so, do you experience any lag at all opening apps, switching between them, turning the screen on, opening the camera, etc.? I am still trying to decide between these two and this would probably be one of the most important factors because the lag on my old Razr Maxx drives me crazy. I know it is 2 years old and slowed down over time but my wife's iphone still has no lag after 2 years. So just wondering about lag with Sense or if you are using other launchers as well. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is there any lag on the M8?

You'd be hard pressed to make this thing hiccup. In my experience, this is the closest thing, speed and smoothness wise, that you'll get from the n5. I've got a ton of apps downloaded of different varieties and I use my phone a ton every day. Haven't had a stutter yet. And my biggest thing when using a phone is how smooth it is.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site

I get the occasional 1 sec lag when opening the app tray but that might be a Nova launcher thing.
Other than that, smooth as a babies bottom :)

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Nope, none. I have a Nexus 5 also and the M8 is every bit a fast and fluid as the N5. I actually like the Sense UI better in many respects over the stock Ui on my N5. Had several Samsungs in the past, while they are good phones, for me the user experience is much better on the M8.

mfldmike

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

The ONLY hiccup I noticed was switching between front and back cameras...otherwise non at all, and I came from the 5s

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

diamondRanch

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

Coming from the S5 mfldmike, how does the m8 camera really compare to your s5? That's the only thing that has me not wanting to switch. But my s5 is lagging alot! and sd card problems.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

No real lags or stutters, though occasionally it'll hiccup. I carry two phones, one is an iPhone 5S and the other is the One M8, and before that I had the Nexus 5, One M7 GPE, Moto X, Note 3, LG OG Pro, One M7 and Note 2. This is the fastest and smoothest Android experience I have ever had, closest thing to iPhone performance on Android.

darkhan

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site

No Lag here, was one of the main reasons I switched from iphone 5s to one m8 was the smoothness felt much like ios for me.

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

I asked the same question about the GS5 because I have seen the lag in some of the tests performed. So for you guys that have been using the M8 for a week or so, do you experience any lag at all opening apps, switching between them, turning the screen on, opening the camera, etc.? I am still trying to decide between these two and this would probably be one of the most important factors because the lag on my old Razr Maxx drives me crazy. I know it is 2 years old and slowed down over time but my wife's iphone still has no lag after 2 years. So just wondering about lag with Sense or if you are using other launchers as well. Thanks.

Nope. This device doesnt lag. Its well optimized and the fastest device I've ever used.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

Coming from the S5 mfldmike, how does the m8 camera really compare to your s5? That's the only thing that has me not wanting to switch. But my s5 is lagging alot! and sd card problems.

I don't want to speak for him but he may be talking about the iPhone 5s...

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

None. Zip, zilch, zero, nada. Everything is immediate and responsive.
You'll find plenty of complaints of lag on the S5 forums, but nothing here.

mfldmike

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

The 5s arguably has one of the best cell phone camera's in the US. I think the 5s does take better pictures at times, but I found out that if you frame your pictures correctly the camera is good. It's good enough that I don't have any plans of switching back to the iPhone 5s anytime soon. I think the HTC One M8 has an absolutely awesome low light camera, I definitely like the ufocus feature and I haven't noticed any leg in the system, whatsoever. It's a smooth as iOS possibly the best Android experience that I've had on an Android device

I've also had the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for some time and I did not like it, it was laggy and buggy the camera wasn't that good. The camera on the HTC One is ahead of the Galaxy Note 3

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Transcendence

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

Outside of the Nexus 5, this is the smoothest phone on the market. Sense 6 is the culmination of a lot of hard work and it's fast, fluid, functional, and gorgeous.

Posted via Android Central App