Is There Any Way to Get ICS Voice to Text to Stop Censoring Me?

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
If I want to drop the F bomb in a text message, I think it is anti-american for Google to censor me on a private communication on my own freaking phone. Yet, in the voice to text, they censor me. Is there any way to override it without having to manually type it in?

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is There Any Way to Get ICS Voice to Text to Stop Censoring M

If I want to drop the F bomb in a text message, I think it is anti-american for Google to censor me on a private communication on my own freaking phone. Yet, in the voice to text, they censor me. Is there any way to override it without having to manually type it in?

Why would that be anti-American?

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site

Does anyone else want to meet the girl who likes Android and wants to drop the F bomb? :p

mundyb

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Un-American of Google? Probably.

Irresponsible of you? Probably also.

What if you dropped the F-bomb accidentally in a text to your boss? Or had an auto-correct malfunction in a text to Granny?

Freedom salted with responsibility (not regulation) is the hallmark of our free society. At least Google gave you the tools to deregulate the device. But just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD do something.

(thus concludes your talking to from Granny) :D

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Un-American of Google? Probably.

Irresponsible of you? Probably also.

What if you dropped the F-bomb accidentally in a text to your boss? Or had an auto-correct malfunction in a text to Granny?

Freedom salted with responsibility (not regulation) is the hallmark of our free society. At least Google gave you the tools to deregulate the device. But just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD do something.

(thus concludes your talking to from Granny) :D

Thanks mom :)

mundyb

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

"No, FRITTERS Granny! I meant apple FRITTERS!"

hahaha

Ealasaid

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, thank you, oh thank you! The censoring was driving me insane. And of course it is un-American to censor profanity - Freedom of Speech, don't you know! As for accidentally sending profanity-laced texts, what kind of lazy ***** sends a text without reading it first?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae