Is this battery life normal?

Superbad95

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I went to bed last night after unplugging my phone at 100% and woke up to find it at 84%. After browsing through the Internet for around 30 minutes, the battery dropped another 10%. I just downloaded gsam and will post up a screen shot after a full days of use. But I have seen people who can go 7 hours continuous YouTube streaming with this phone. I've owned this phone for almost 2 weeks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I went to bed last night after unplugging my phone at 100% and woke up to find it at 84%. After browsing through the Internet for around 30 minutes, the battery dropped another 10%. I just downloaded gsam and will post up a screen shot after a full days of use. But I have seen people who can go 7 hours continuous YouTube streaming with this phone. I've owned this phone for almost 2 weeks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

It depends on how you use it. What apps have you installed from the playstore? maybe a app causing a wakelock. go to settings/AppOps and you many options to shut things down

ardidito

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I've learned through forums and reps that this is what you expect from the M7. M8 at least has the rapid charging mechanism installed. Supposedly M7 has the potential.

Anyway, it charges slowly and drains fast, even though it's like a 2600mAh battery or something. I've analyzed background apps, display, temperature, cpu clocking, multitasking/load, charger, phone itself..
It's poor design that everyone overlooked early on. Once hype gets started..

HeroicLove

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
What's causing the battery to drain so fast? Rooting the device? Certain apps? Or a combination of the two? Or something else?

Posted via Android Central App

Robgo

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Browsing the net 30 mins is about enough for a 10% drop. If you want more battery life flash the kernel to something like elementalx and use ART runtime. I get a bit more battery life than stock this way and my phone is quicker as well.

If you are losing battery really quickly, there is a bug that causes Android O/S to drain battery for whatever reason as the phone does not go into deep sleep mode. Restart your phone every day or two to fix it. Make sure none of your widgets are accessing location or internet constantly. I was using a baconreader widget for reddit and noticed it was causing my phone to lose battery quicker than usual so I got rid of it.

markmart74

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I was running Viper rom with stock kernal and was getting about 5 hours of screen on time. After flashing elemental kernel. Im getting about 7-8.5 hours of screen on time.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 73999.jpg
    73999.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 19

imnraged

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Do you live in an area with bad reception? The 9+ hours of radio time is high. That said, it looks like you've used it heavily as 7+ hours of screen time is very high, IMO. I would say you're doing pretty well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hapily02