Is this worth $300?

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
So I am a phone guy and always have 1 Android and 1 iOS device on me at a time, currently have a G3 and iPhone 6+. No flamewars please, I love both OS for different reasons. Anyway. I have an opportunity to purchase this off contract for $300. Is it worth it since I will be selling my G3 to fund this purchase?

Edit: Its the Verizon version also.

Titan206

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Considering I dropped $500 on mine, I believe it's worth at least $300. There are other factors to consider, like storage and whether or not it's a used device.

All of that said, it may be debatable whether or not it's better than the LG G3.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
So I am a phone guy and always have 1 Android and 1 iOS device on me at a time, currently have a G3 and iPhone 6+. No flamewars please, I love both OS for different reasons. Anyway. I have an opportunity to purchase this off contract for $300. Is it worth it since I will be selling my G3 to fund this purchase?

Edit: Its the Verizon version also.

It depends on what you care about in your device. The Moto X has a nicer form factor, faster performance, and vanilla Android, while the G3 has a better camera and bigger and better screen.

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
The biggest thing holding me back is the fact its not rooted yet. My G3 is rooted, twrp installed, and currently running an AOSP Rom which is awesome. But I had the OG X and I loved some the features (active display and the other little touches Moto put in it), and the form factor was amazing.

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
The Moto X is definitely worth purchasing at $300, the only thing that should maybe hold you back would be the screen and the camera.

If you absolutely need a 2K 5.5 inch screen or a lighting fast camera, stay with the G3.

But if you want better performance, faster updates, arguably more useful features then go for the Moto X 2014.

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
100% positive its the 2nd Gen one. I am picking it up here in a little bit. I will report back with my findings :)

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Where is it available? I'm a teacher so I got $50 off. I got it $475 with bamboo 16gb.

Posted with the HTC one m8

Got it off of Craigslist. Brand new, sealed, with the stickers and everything still on it. Threw my sim in to double check and its working fine.

2 things to not initially:

1. Holy slippery. I like my phones naked but man this thing is more slippery then my iPhone 6+
2. Battery is abysmal so far, granted first charge but man its bad. Was 100% at 6pm last night, coached a tball game sent a few texts, at 8pm it was at 80% with 23 minutes SOT. It sat idle overnight and woke at 5am and the phone was at 32%. Not impressive at all. I will see how it levels out after the first few cycles.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The phone should not drop nearly 50% during the night. Check the battery stats, something is obviously keeping it awake. As a comparison, my own X went from 100% at 7am to about 70% at 5pm with light use. That's 30% over 10 hours during the day with me using the phone occasionally.

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
The phone should not drop nearly 50% during the night. Check the battery stats, something is obviously keeping it awake. As a comparison, my own X went from 100% at 7am to about 70% at 5pm with light use. That's 30% over 10 hours during the day with me using the phone occasionally.

Yea I know its not normal. It was just shockingly bad. When I was browsing reddit last night I was literally watching my battery drop before my eyes.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Yea I know its not normal. It was just shockingly bad. When I was browsing reddit last night I was literally watching my battery drop before my eyes.

That's definitely not normal. The battery life does get better after a few days but it shouldn't be that bad right off the bat. Try installing GSam and see what it tells you after a few days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts