Is Verizon Visual Voicemail working for you on your Moto X Pure Edition?

jwentworth

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: VZW Visual Voicemal

Hi Benny,

Thank you for the quick reply. I have tried the Motorola Visual Voicemail as well as the VZW Visual Voicemail. Both just sit there spinning trying to connect and eventually fail.

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

Could be something going on with the server right now. Mine set up fine a few days ago.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

anon(39328)

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't get Verizon's app to work either. I tried youmail but didn't really like it. Finally settled on Google Voice. It works. Supposedly it is to be taken over by Hangouts, but I haven't figured out how to make that happen yet.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

jwentworth

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Ironically I just uninstalled both the VZW Visual Voicemail and the Motorola Visual Voicemail and reinstalled the Motorola Visual Voicemail and it works

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You know... this thread made me realize I still haven't setup voicemail for myself yet lol (T-Mobile).

I rarely get voicemails but I should still set it up in case I do.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Just a question. Why do you all pay a monthly fee for visual voicemail when Google voice is free? I've been using it for almost 5 years now & it works great. Got much better recently too. I am on Verizon as well.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Just a question. Why do you all pay a monthly fee for visual voicemail when Google voice is free? I've been using it for almost 5 years now & it works great. Got much better recently too. I am on Verizon as well.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

Visual Voicemail is free.... And my Google Voice number is now my Project fi number...

Posted via the Android Central App

Andr3w

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I switched from the Moto X 2013 to the 2015 Pure Edition ordered from Motorola last Friday. I've been noticing that when every I'm on a call I loose the LTE symbol and can't use data while on a call. I called VzW today about the issue. They had to change my plan to "HD Voice" which wiped my classic voice. The VzW rep told me that I won't be able to get VzW's Basic Visual Voicemail until VzW certifies the devices for it. I don't know how long this will take & I'm assuming my Pure Edition won't ever be certified because I didn't order it from VzW.

So for now I have the ability to surf, use Google Now and GPS and receive MMS while on a phone call but I have no voice mail.

Last edited:

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

Are you using this app?

Motorola Visual Voicemail

I was able to get it working on both my own and my wife's phone with no issue. I've since moved over to Google Voice to handle the voicemail service so it's built into the dialer now.

There are comments on the Play Story app indicating the app signs you up for the premium version [$2.99/month]. If you change back to basic you get an add to update to premium every time you open the app. Does this match your experience using the app?

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I switched from the Moto X 2013 to the 2015 Pure Edition ordered from Motorola last Friday. I've been noticing that when every I'm on a call I loose the LTE symbol and can't use data while on a call. I called VzW today about the issue. They had to change my plan to "HD Voice" which wiped my classic voice. The VzW rep told me that I won't be able to get VzW's Basic Visual Voicemail until VzW certifies the devices for it. I don't know how long this will take & I'm assuming my Pure Edition won't ever be certified because I didn't order it from VzW.

So for now I have the ability to surf, use Google Now and GPS and receive MMS while on a phone call but I have no voice mail.

It's certified already check the your account on the web

wkm001

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Basic Visual Voicemail can not be enabled by me or an agent at this point. The one I just chatted with online said the phone isn't recognized yet. Bummer

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54