Is your S7 Edge back cover separating possibly from a swelling battery

Justin P1

Mar 1, 2018
Visit site
Same thing with my S7 edge - I have had it for about 18 months as well. Kept in pristine condition as well. Never been dropped, water damage, always in a case and screen protector. I have insurance through Assurance third party T-mobile insurer. What a joke, my phone is paid for I owe nothing. My option was to pay $175 deductible for the same phone on top of paying for insurance all these years and I can turn around and sell it to T-mobile for $50 and upgrade? How stupid, I'll most likely end up tossing this in the trash because its easier and getting a new phone.

Mar 2, 2018
Visit site
Yes,
My S7 battery has Swollen up( from the volume side)
Yesterday(24th NOV 2017) while I was talking on my phone, I felt it is getting warmer.
I was on speakers , so I looked at my phone and saw battery suddenly swollen up. Afraid that phone is going to burst, I switched is off then and there and today I am going go to Samsung Service center. My phone is out of warranty but I do not expect this from such a high end phone. Literally I felt I was luckily that phone didn't burst. I was very upset and i that moment Samsung just lost a loyal customer. I am not sure who is going to pay the damage but be careful guys.
Will let you know what happened and how Samsung handled my case.

Hi Rishi
I am facing the same problem. Yesterday [01/03/2018] , Back of my S7 Edge started separating from the volume buttons side. It's been only 1.5 year i bought S7 Edge and never expected this from such a high end phone. Please tell me how they resolved your Problem.

markeee_mark

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
Had this happen to my wife's S7 (I have the S7 EDGE). I believe it happens due to phone overheating during over charging. Case in point, my wife's phone was charging with the case on, during one of the last major updates (Kit Kat). The phone kept charging and charging, the update was taking hours. By the next morning I noticed it was still updating, and the case was extremely warm. I immediately unplugged and turn phone off. I took out of case and noticed the phone was splitting at the seams. Luckily, AT&T replaced it no charge. But the perfect storm of update, restrictive case, and wall charging caused the phone (battery) to overheat.

Midniteoyl

Mar 30, 2018
Visit site
Same thing on my phone. ~17mos old. I called Samsung and at first they told me I'd have to pay $70 to replace that battery, then offered me a 20% discount when I scoffed. After pointing him to the numerous complaints about the same problem, he finally relented and offered to fix it for free. They send you a label for UPS shipping, you provide your own box. 5-7 day turn around time promised.

Just got to stick with it and insist Samsung make it right.

Xkl46FZ.jpg

zjOIXyp.jpg

Alice8847

Jun 5, 2018
Visit site
Hey there!

So my phone has had a slew of overheating and battery issues for a while now. I've had it for about 2 years and battery drain has always been an issue. Recently though, it's gotten to the point that if I let it drain to 15% battery, it does instantly. Well now it's been shutting off at around 20-30%.

It happened again tonight, and the phone was overheating like nobody's business, so I took the cover off and plugged it in to charge. It wasn't until after it had gotten back up to 80% that I picked it up and realized that the back left cover edge has completely separated from the phone.

Now, after reading this thread, I'm incredibly paranoid about my phone exploding, but I have no idea when I'll be able to get to a Verizon store. I've just moved across the country for work and I have no idea if they even have a Verizon here.

Chris D8

Jun 13, 2018
Visit site
Have the same problem. After using the phone to record some video and plugging it in to a USB cable to download the files for processing the phone became very hot and it looked like the screen was popping up a bit. When I removed it from the holster case the back cover started separating.
Galaxy S7 Bulge.jpg

At this point the battery has swollen so much that the back cover is only attached on one side. Have a new phone now but ordered a replacement battery and adhesive strips from ifixit to see if I can repair the S7 myself, hardest part of the process is supposed to be getting the back cover off and that's pretty much taken care of itself.

jayeshlanjewar

Jun 19, 2018
Visit site
I am seeing the exact same issue for the past 2 weeks... and it is annoying. First I thought it was just me, but today I decided to google the issue and stumbled here. Mine started from the same side with the volume controls on my S7Edge and now its creeping to the bottom side near the audio port and power port.

SGS7E 06192018.jpg

Last edited:

KenKK

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
The phone used to be my Wife's. She upgraded and gave me her phone.
I took it out of the case and started to do a transfer from my old phone
to this one. I just noticed what everyone is talking about. The phone felt warm
to me. I took a good look and one side of the back is coming off!

My experience with Samsung is they have the worst customer relations
I have ever had to deal with. I don't expect them to do anything.
The phone could explode, kill someone and they would fight it all the way.

Ken

Attachments

• P1040174.JPG
    P1040174.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 21
  • P1040173.JPG
    P1040173.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 23
  • P1040175.jpg
    P1040175.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 9

KenKK

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Just thought I would let everyone know after contacting Samsung via post on their community
forum describing the problem they contacted me and agreed to repair it even through the phone was
out of warranty. They even fixed the cracked screen which I believe was due to the bulging battery both top and bottom of phone.

nnenne

Aug 9, 2018
Visit site
Just thought I would let everyone know after contacting Samsung via post on their community
forum describing the problem they contacted me and agreed to repair it even through the phone was
out of warranty. They even fixed the cracked screen which I believe was due to the bulging battery both top and bottom of phone.

I called initially but was told I was out of warranty since April. I then went on chat requesting help and was immediately treated like a queen, they took my number, called me back, arranged ups pick up next day. Did warn me that they’ll investigate who’s fault it was, and if mine, they’ll tell me cost of repair.

Got a call to say, it was manufacturing fault and they’re repairing and sending it back.

I’m really happy and grateful to Samsung.

This is the first and only android I’ve ever had and it’s my second phone, hardly used phone as I use iPhone 8 currently.

I’ll definitely consider Samsung phones in the future as a second phone again.

Mind you, I currently have a Samsung washing machine, fridge and dishwasher and with customer service like this, i’m One happy girl😊

Cameron Arnott

Nov 29, 2018
Visit site
just had mine expand and wreck a hard phone case, Telstra shop who I got the phone off 2 years ago couldn't even give me a quote on getting it fixed. told me to look around for best price.. it cost $99.00 Australian to get a new battery and get old one removed and new one fitted (old one was like almost 3 times as thick. and $35.00 Australian for a new phone case like the one it broke. I was told that the case was the only thing that saved the screen from needing to be replaced too. they said it was because I left it on charging too many times .. so I said I thought it shut the charging down when its full (sounds like what it should do to me) but I was told that it doesn't. and nor to leave it on charger when it's fully charged.. to me that sounds very dangerous, it should turn off charging when it fully charged.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ron1morgan