issues after pie update

Rick Swiatek

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone had the following issues after the pie update and had a fix for them its driving me crazy and dont know what else to do.
1. Keep getting moisture detection and wont charge.
2. Wont fast charge when it does charge.
3. Will no longer read my SD card.

I have done nothing different with my phone since the update and it's never been in or near water, already did a partition cache wipe with same results.

Thank You.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Items 1 & 2 suggest a problem with the port itself -- the update might have been coincidental. Does it still happen in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-34283

SD cards have also been known to fail or become corrupted after a system update (this happened on my daughter's Honor 8 recently). Does the SD card still work on other devices, or is it readable on a PC? If not, then the card has probably failed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
But you're still getting the moisture warning?

For the SD card, you may have to back up the data on it to your computer, and then reformat the card.

Rick Swiatek

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
yes still getting the moisture issue. tried reformatting the card and it still wont read also put in another and it doesn't read either, it just doesn't detect an SD card.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Assuming that it still happens in Safe Mode, the next step would probably be a factory reset. If that doesn't work, you may need to reinstall the firmware, using either Smart Switch or Odin.

Virginia Smith42

Dec 8, 2017
Visit site
I wont be a lot of help except it did happen to me.i knew my sd card was fine and readable by others. I seem to remember it was something in the system settings that had to changed followed by a restart and all was fine. As far as charging, in my case it was the Samsung cable. it's not a solution but a hint

Jonathan Urfalino

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
yes still getting the moisture issue. tried reformatting the card and it still wont read also put in another and it doesn't read either, it just doesn't detect an SD card.

I'm having the same issue, my sd card is readable in other devices but my phone says its corrupted. S8+ running android 9.0
Please, what's the solution??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'd insert it into a PC, back up your data there while you can, and then consider reformatting the card in the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001