It is a YouTube Party!

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung TV with built-in YouTube app, but I used it only once or twice when I first got the TV. The user interface is really horrible. Last weekend we had a get together at house and of course I have to show everyone my new gadget! It was an instant hit! Everyone pulled out their iPhones, iPads, Android phones and started playing non-stop YouTube music videos. It could be Gangnam Style from my niece, or Metallica from my brother, or some weird music from my nephew. The HD video came across perfectly. And then when it was time, I cast my laptop desktop on the TV to show my vacation photos in a slide show, but everyone just want to get back to their music videos... :( :)

Tanooki2

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
This sounds exactly like what I want to do. An interactive party!

I hooked up my brand-new-out-of-the-box Chromecast to my parents' TV while visiting after Lollapalooza and my Mom actually wanted to see some of the bands we saw, so it worked out perfectly** to cast onto their 55" TV.

**As I stated in another post, I sadly haven't been able to connect my CC to my own TV setup yet and it's killing me!

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
This sounds exactly like what I want to do. An interactive party!

...or YouTube battles, since it doesn't do queuing. We wish we could add videos to a Cast playlist, instead of them cutting off the other persons video mid cast.

Posted via Android Central App

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
...or YouTube battles, since it doesn't do queuing. We wish we could add videos to a Cast playlist, instead of them cutting off the other persons video mid cast.

Posted via Android Central App

Might try again. As posted in the other similar thread, I was able to add to queue on YouTube from multiple devices without cutting off the one that was playing.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Have not try to see if it could queue up. Yes there was a bit of a problem early on when my nephew and niece fought over control, but it got resolved quickly when the parent stepped in and took over! LOL. BTW, DLNA trumps chromecast. If I am not happy with how everyone is behaving, I could just take out my Samsung Note II and start playing my kid's video on the TV... it overrides anything that's playing on the TV (chromecast, xbox, any input).

bigbill25

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
If multiple devices are sending to the chromecast, does it queue the videos?

Yes, it can. When you find a video on Youtube, you can click the normal play button and it will start playing right now, or, when connected to a Chromecast, there will be a second "+Add to TV Queue" link below and to the left of the normal play button. Press that and it just queues it up.

--Bill

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts