It's been around a week, how would you rate your Pixel 6 overall?

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
About a 85 - I don't hate it, but I'm not totally in love either. Doesn't have any features that I can't live without.

aecgda

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
P6P battery and most everything is good but issues with FP scanner. Right thumb works maybe 50% of the time. Tried rescanning several times. Problems still with BT but that could be 12 more than anything. Things still don't want to auto-connect.

Overall I would rate it a buy for the money

I'm very happy with my Pixel 6. FPS was poor for a few days but works fine now after a Google update a couple of days ago which might have helped.

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site

Camera for me is worth it for pets and my son alone.pixel experience is smooth and simple so a nice change from oneUI which does a lot

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
About a 85 - I don't hate it, but I'm not totally in love either. Doesn't have any features that I can't live without.

I agree. It's a good phone, but definitely not "the greatest phone ever" like I was kind of imagining it being. I'll probably keep it, but consider going back to Samsung when the S22 comes out.

Rodawg71

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I agree. It's a good phone, but definitely not "the greatest phone ever" like I was kind of imagining it being. I'll probably keep it, but consider going back to Samsung when the S22 comes out.
No such thing as "the greatest phone"...

garyll

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Not quite a week here yet, but I'd also say in the 90's. The FPS is a little slow on occasion but I've gotten the hang of it so it's not really an issue. It's a bit bigger than my Pixel 4a 5g and feels a little TOO big at times, but I feel like I'll get used to it after a while.
No problems at all so far, I love the screen and can't wait to try out the new camera features, I've already noticed the shutter seems to be quicker than the 4a. I got $440 credit from Verizon on my 4a 5g trade-in so i'm actually paying about $2/month less than I was before.

Rodawg71

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I know. I was just picturing being a little more in love with it than I am.
I hear ya! It happens every time Sammy/Apple/Googs releases their latest and greatest phones for the year... I get it, you paid top dollar for a phone and expect quality, but some of the folks really take it the extreme on issues they read on the interwebz before they a)get the phone, b) give it time after turning it on, using it as YOU would a daily driver, etc.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I know. I was just picturing being a little more in love with it than I am.
I totally understand what you're saying. It's a nice phone, but at this point it doesn't offer anything that I would make it the only phone I use. It's more of a toy to play with because I love trying the latest gadgets lol. That could change with future updates as anything is possible.

BrwnSuga3

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm loving mine :) I haven't touched my S21 Ultra or iphone 13 pro max and don't plan to. I love the interface and the smoothness of android 12. I'm still getting used to some features but I'm loving it.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I hear ya! It happens every time Sammy/Apple/Googs releases their latest and greatest phones for the year... I get it, you paid top dollar for a phone and expect quality, but some of the folks really take it the extreme on issues they read on the interwebz before they a)get the phone, b) give it time after turning it on, using it as YOU would a daily driver, etc.

Yes. I have been using it as I would since launch day and still feel the same.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Google shrank from the big stage with the P5. The P6 was googles return to the big stage. Sure the P6 lacks some of the features/gimmicks of Samsung, Apple, oneplus. But the P6 especially the pro now represents the best of google as of 2021.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Google shrank from the big stage with the P5. The P6 was googles return to the big stage. Sure the P6 lacks some of the features/gimmicks of Samsung, Apple, oneplus. But the P6 especially the pro now represents the best of google as of 2021.
C'mon now. I really hate the term gimmick as people use it very loosely to describe good features. Also let's not act like the pixel wouldn't be considered to have its own gimmicks. Although I feel a lot of them are useful features that others would love to have. I really wish the tech community would adapt a better word to describe things that they might not like, but are actually useful you know like calling them actual featurea lol.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
C'mon now. I really hate the term gimmick as people use it very loosely to describe good features. Also let's not act like the pixel wouldn't be considered to have its own gimmicks. Although I feel a lot of them are useful features that others would love to have. I really wish the tech community would adapt a better word to describe things that they might not like, but are actually useful you know like calling them actual featurea lol.
To be fair he lumped both terms together, so you have to give him some credit that he didn't just use the label gimmick...

jlarkins08

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Pixel 6 rates at an 80 with me.

The in display fingerprint scanner is horrible. Big let down of this phone but other than that I am keeping it solely for Android 12. The OS is simply beautiful.

Not a fan of big phones so I’m tolerating this huge 6.4 inch screen and it’s quite heavy as well. But I will make it work, I mean it’s replacing my iPhone XR for my job. So, that’s exciting.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Pixel 6 gets a 92 from me. FPS could be slightly better but I've had awesome luck with it. It's just slightly slow. The screen could be slightly better also. For the price, it's still in the 90's.

I had a Note 8 for 4 years before this and I'd give that phone a 91. I absolutely loved it.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I've only had the phone since Sunday, but really happy with the Pixel 6 so far. I'd give it a 95.

The FPS I would say isn't on the level of my S21 ultra, but not far off. Some comments on this forum really had me worried about it. Worried to the point that I feel it won't work when I try it, then it does. I've had issues with the earlier in screen FPS on Samsung phones so I'm a little paranoid about the technology.

I've had a few app closes, not sure I'd call them crashes; but maybe that's what's going on.

Phone calls have been good, and the battery is really good.

My only con is the button placement. I wish the power button was on the bottom, like my S21 Ultra. Previous Nexus phones had the buttons that way, not sure why they went away from that.

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
I was gung ho to order this phone day one as my Note 9 is fading fast with battery life.

After seeing average video quality, battery life and fingerprint issues im tempted to try and see if I can make until February and the get the S22 Ultra

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
...... Every so often I think, I'm just going to go get an iPhone, but can't do it. They are good solid phones, but I'm too ensconced in the Google ecosystem.

Especially if you try and use an iPhone like an Android phone. You will slowly get frustrated with it. As I did. Doing simple tasks that you are used to doing on Android aren't so simple on an iPhone. Pixel 6 pro is a solid phone but not perfect.