It's been around a week, how would you rate your Pixel 6 overall?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Just curious... On a scale of 1-100, just like in school, how would you rate your Pixel 6 right now (even if you sent it back), and then what was your previous phone and how would you rate that?

Pixel 6 Pro - 90 (fingerprint sensor, kind of slow charging)
Galaxy S21+ - 90

Right now, tied, but for different reasons.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Pixel 6 - 99. Minor glitch with Smart Lock, hoping Google fixes that soon.

Pixel 4XL - 99. Glitch with the Solo sensor and the annoying "clean the top of your screen" issue

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
For me the pixel 6 pro has been exceptional. I've had every pixel XL since the first pixel except last year which I ended up using the pixel 5 and so far this one has been the best experience when combining the new hardware + software.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
This is a good one!

Current phones:

Pixel 5 - 90 - love the size and battery, and camera. Video is the only concern

S21 Ultra - 85 - Had every note and S series. Love the stalker zoom and video. Not a great sports camera (movement)

Pixel 6 pro - 95 - loving this! Google experience and updated camera. Not crazy about the curved screen.

Pixel 6 - Still pending as I just got this one yesterday. Flat screen though!!! Wooooo!!!!!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Pixel 6 Pro - 90

Points deducted for below based on my preference:
Size and overall ergonomics are a little bad, fingerprint scanners are not the best and you have to keep your finger a little longer than normal. Minor software glitches on a few apps here and there. Speakers are not the best comparing to latest flagship offerings.

Previous Pixel: Pixel 5
Other phones currently own: iPhone 13 Pro Max and Pro, S21 Ultra

I don't mind recommending Pixel 6 Pro, it's a great option. Between S21 Ultra and iPhone 13 Pro series it's a little tricky since they are also amazing phones. So it boils down to preferences like which software you prefer, hardware, ecosystem etc.

StormnNJ

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
P6P battery and most everything is good but issues with FP scanner. Right thumb works maybe 50% of the time. Tried rescanning several times. Problems still with BT but that could be 12 more than anything. Things still don't want to auto-connect.

Overall I would rate it a buy for the money

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Well, it's a good solid phone, but it's not the "best phone ever" that I was hoping/expecting. Coming from a long line of Samsung's there are definitely some things I miss about the way Samsung does things and I have considered going back several times. It's a good solid well functioning phone, but The wifi can't connect to the non-public wifi's at the hospital which is really annoying for multiple reasons. The IT guy said that ALL iPhones connect, but that android phones just vary by the chip they have, unrelated to it being a new or old phone. Battery life has been great. They need to stop with phone size creep. FP scanner is fine overall, although the Samsung worked just a little better. Every so often I think, I'm just going to go get an iPhone, but can't do it. They are good solid phones, but I'm too ensconced in the Google ecosystem.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Current Pixel 6: 97. Not a 100 for me merely for the tricky fingerprint sensor. I would have preferred the sensor to be on the back. Also on first day of using the device, just trying to apply the screen protector there appears to be a tiny tiny micro scratch on the screen. Probably due to the gorilla glass being more impact resistant but easier to scratch. A bit disappointing but not noticeable with the protector on.

Former Pixel 5A: 98. All around prefect midrange device. Only upgraded because I like some of the new software features of the 6 but wow what an incredible device!

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I can't give up Nova...so I can't tell if it is adversely affecting anything, I might switch it off for a day.
Anyway the Fsensor is working 100% right now...but it is the 4th time I have entered my right thumb 5 times. Very troublesome because I am coming from the P 5....So...

Pixel 6 Pro: 7 out of 10. The FS and the size and weight. 70%

Pixel 5: 10 out of 10 A perfect phone. 100%

Pixel 2 XL: 10 out of 10 A perfect phone 100%

Pixel 4a, Pixel 3: Never used them enough to rate them.

Nexus 6?: Great phone but I can't remember last weekend let alone the N6...lol It was a great phone tho...Still holds a charge. 100%

Last edited:

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I'm very happy with the phone. Definitely in the '90s for sure. Very few hiccups and running smoothly.. overall interface with the Google Assistant and the Google goodness that we get on our phones is a plus. I carry an iPhone 12 Pro and ZF3 and I'm happy to add this one to a rotation.. I also feel that some of the little hiccups that we see here and there are related to Android 12

Rodawg71

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm very happy with the phone. Definitely in the '90s for sure. Very few hiccups and running smoothly.. overall interface with the Google Assistant and the Google goodness that we get on our phones is a plus. I carry an iPhone 12 Pro and ZF3 and I'm happy to add this one to a rotation.. I also feel that some of the little hiccups that we see here and there are related to Android 12
Agree! El Googs will improve the P6/P with updates but in the same breath will break something (their storied MO).

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Agree! El Googs will improve the P6/P with updates but in the same breath will break something (their storied MO).
Haha so true! Hey, that's what it's for. Pixel phones are for us. Diehards we keep taking a little bit of a beating but we don't give up lol

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
It ranks pretty up there (I have the non-Pro 6), but I can't really give it a score yet. Haven't really tested the camera yet. I still use my iPhone 13 Pro (solid A) daily along with my Pixel 6. I have a OnePlus 9 Pro (A) as well. And an iPhone 12 Pro (A-). And a OnePlus 8 (B- cuz the camera isn't good at all). I think that's it. LOL

Traded my Note 20 Ultra (solid A) for the OP 9 Pro. I really miss the camera and SPen, but I'm tired of gargantuan phones. I think I'd actually rather have my Note 10+ back over the 20 Ultra.

rrob13

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Pixel 6: 95
I love this phone. I hate the lockscreen clock, but that's about it. Persistent weather notification in place until there's a better solution.

OnePlus 8T: 90
Excellent phone. I just didn't want to wait for Android 12 and future updates.

OnePlus 6T: 95
(Still own. This is my backup phone in lieu of an insurance policy.)
This has been an excellent phone. It's just old. see previous comment re: updates.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Pixel 6 pro - 85ish - returned
The software was nice an fast never really experienced some of the pixel only features. The screen was just beautiful. Really wanted to use the hold for me feature. Requires your ringer to be on. Which defeats having a watch that let's you know when some one is calling.

Never got the non trigger word commands for alarm to actually work. Camera was good, I did notice that some shots were incredible yet others were plain garbage. No premium audio experience. It is a big heavy phone I found uncomfortable to use for extended periods of time.

While I can appreciate those who go for that pixel experience. In the end it's just not the right fit for me. If you want that pixel experience then I recommend you get the 6 or 6 pro. Although I don't know if I feel the pro is worth the extra money.

S21 5g - 95-100
Samsung just does a lot right and way better than pixel for my use. Adapt sound makes a huge difference, I have some hearing issues with my left ear in the higher range. Yes dolby atmos makes a difference for audio output. I love the secure folder for work apps and accounts.

The edge screen helps me keep a nice clean home screen. I prefer samsung messages, it's the only one that has RCS outside of Google. You can organize conversations based on groups and can pin your important conversations. I actually really like the samsung keyboard over Gboard.

I really like the fluid experience of one ui. Reminds me of the clean feel you get with an iPhone. Bixby routines are really nice, not as in depth as say tasker. For simple tasks they work amazing. Setting my phone to stay unlocked when connected to my home wifi.

The 6.2 screen size is pretty much perfect, I didn't actually mind the curved screen on the 6 pro. Good lock is one of the most useful apps that just makes the one ui experience better. It's the reason why I don't use nova on the s21.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej