It's been out a while, do you recommend 4.3?

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Happy Holidays :)

I have been very hesitant to upgrade my Note 2 (Telus) to 4.3 knowing some of the issues and pre 4.3 features people have not appreciated losing.

Now, I know some are going to love the update while some will wish they didn't download it.

Where do you stand? Should I update to 4.3? How is battery life linked to it?

Posted via Android Central App

rikken

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Batterylife is great. Have no issues on 4.3 :)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using AC Forums mobile app

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This is my unscientific evaluation of battery life with 4.3. The first 24 hours after install seemed to drain faster before upgrading but now it has seemed to level off and is draining around the same amount when it had 4.1.2. I did do a complete factory reset and put all my stuff back on from scratch. Overall I am happy with 4.3.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I had the same experience as ehosey2. The first day or so, it drained faster (had me worried). Now it's about the same. I think it was a mixture of the OS settling in & me playing with it so much. Also, I didn't do a factory reset because everything's running so smoothly.

Sent from T4 in my N2

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I am starting to feel encouraged to update, I have been so worried about it hurting a phone that currently has not one issue.

What are your favorite new features?

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It is faster flicking between screens, the web browser seems faster also. Also the screen is noticeably sharper. And another thing I notice is that the bug was fixed when using the lightflow application where the voice would talk every time a folder would open or close. It now does not do that.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
It is faster flicking between screens, the web browser seems faster also. Also the screen is noticeably sharper. And another thing I notice is that the bug was fixed when using the lightflow application where the voice would talk every time a folder would open or close. It now does not do that.

The screen is sharper. ..RIIIGHT.... oh please get real

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
^ I am not the only one who has stated in this forum that the screen seems sharper. The screen characteristics do indeed make the it seem sharper, whether it is the icons that look more refined, the colors being adjusted in the pre-defined settings, or maybe an adjustment in the brightness level. But it does. My wife said the same thing about her Note 2 that it seemed sharper. I am stating my viewpoint so please.....you get real.

rholdcroft99

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I would have to agree, the Note 2 screen does look sharper with the 4.3 update. I think it has to do with the professional photo mode that was added

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
My idea of sharper is noticeably higher resolution. Failing that let's think of a more suitable term for what you are claiming is increased sharpness. Maybe the icons are rendered at a higher dpi. If that's what it is I say big whoop

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I have been loving the update so far. I was scared of it at first and even rooted my phone to avoid it after reading many people say not impressed with it or having problems with it before Verizon got it. I had to unroot my phone, because I needed the memory on my device back after Twrp took so much space. So decided to take my chances with the update. Glad I did. It's people like 1812dave who made me afraid to take a chance on the update.

1812dave, you have nothing good to say about the update, I get it, but you're in almost every post negating people's positive comments about it. Everyone is going to have a different experience with the update, some good, some bad. So stop trying so hard to bash it. If you don't want the update, don't take it. I swear you sound almost as bad as an Apple Fanboy.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Im thrilled u like 4.3.

I presume you don't ever use your phone as a hotspot since that is one if the things you can't do using foxfi et al

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
1812dave, you have nothing good to say about the update, I get it, but you're in almost every post negating people's positive comments about it. Everyone is going to have a different experience with the update, some good, some bad. So stop trying so hard to bash it. If you don't want the update, don't take it. I swear you sound almost as bad as an Apple Fanboy.

AGREED! Getting tired of trying to follow threads and then 1812dave has to chime in slamming everything good anybody has to say about it, usually in a sarcastic smartass way as well. If you don't like it dave, just sit back and watch as others explain why they do like it.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
Dave is right. The screen isn't actually "sharper," but there are some changes in the icons and such that make it appear crisper. There, we'll call it "crisper." LOL!

The OS doesn't really seem much different to me overall. The lock screen is changed, but I liked the old one better. One thing I do really like now is the slow and fast video capture. I only wish it could also capture sound in slow and fast. But still, it's kind of a neat feature that I'm sure I'll get good use out of. Battery life seems about the same to me so far. One thing that concerned be at first was my radio signal seemed very weak, but it seems a bit better now and I'll just have to keep monitoring it. That was one of the best things about this device before, so hopefully they didn't screw it up!

I will definitely have to play around with it more in the next few days.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
^Yes...crisper. That is the more appropriate word when describing it. I know the screen resolution itself did not increase but the overall look of the screen did indeed improve after 4.3 based on my unscientific observation.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes it did improve the look of the screen and ur is much brighter, something that was needed.

I have an odd thing now..I was having an issue with people hearing me. Took my phone today to to AT&T device center. They didn't have the Carrier Kies update yet, but a rep thought he was going to reflash my phone via their Kies, despite my warnings. Well he bricked my phone. They had to give me a new one and now, no matter the wallpaper I use, my notification bar is transparent on my home screen. Can't figure out why, but I'm not sure yet if I like it or not. See? No black notification bar.

Attachments

• 1387801047271.jpg
    1387801047271.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 37

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Im thrilled u like 4.3.

I presume you don't ever use your phone as a hotspot since that is one if the things you can't do using foxfi et al

Yes, I used my last phone a GS lll with the Hotspot and Foxfi for when I was out with my Note 8. Now since I have the Note 2, don't need to bring my Note 8 with me everywhere. Besides, as someone said, they'll probably get a fix for it. With every update the carriers try to make things harder for the Consumer, but devs like the guys over at XDA forums usually find a way around them.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I have been very hesitant to upgrade my Note 2 (Telus) to 4.3 knowing some of the issues and pre 4.3 features people have not appreciated losing.

Now, I know some are going to love the update while some will wish they didn't download it.

Where do you stand? Should I update to 4.3? How is battery life linked to it?

I have no battery issues. Stock keyboard changed some and is irritating. Other than that all seems OK.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174