Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Just seen this, probably old news
e9b83436c6f8d126bc0b9a353f4559d9.jpg

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I won't believe it unless IceUniverse says it. Why would they do that after getting a Snapdragon that was optimized for the S23 series. They even had the head of Qualcomm at the Galaxy Unpacked. To do a turnaround this quickly?

I figured the Exynos is dead.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I won't believe it unless IceUniverse says it. Why would they do that after getting a Snapdragon that was optimized for the S23 series. They even had the head of Qualcomm at the Galaxy Unpacked. To do a turnaround this quickly?

I figured the Exynos is dead.
Exynos is not dead that for sure and wouldn't be surprised it being available again for international models .

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I agree this makes no sense. Samsung has a beast of a phone with this snapdragon, I would say it's their best performing phone to date. why would they want to replace it with the exynos which is known for bad performance.

I'm guessing since it's reddit, it's a bad rumor. Stuff like this usually happens when a company wants to commit suicide.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
When they announced they were going to use the SD on all models a year or so ago, they mentioned they were doing so to take time and develop the Exynos and come out with a new chip in a year or so that would rival or beat the SD.

They had to. They were constantly being embarrassed with their own chips underperforming. The reason of course because... cost. Save money not using Qualcomm and keeping things in house. Apple does it. Googled has followed. It's embarrassing if Samsung can't.

And I can see them "trying" to go all-in with the Exynos when it comes out.

You don't put your own flagship against itself by having two different processors going forward. Because if their is the slightest of performance diff... 1 point on a benchmark, people will never accept it and make a stink. If you don't put the SD in the phone, no one will know if the SD would have actually done better on the phone if they can make it run as well as the S23U.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reroseroy