itunes on xoom

jtown#AC

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I have seen bits and pieces, but I am looking for a do it all single app so I can use my iTunes audio and video on my xoom. Does something simple exist?

GobbleXoom

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Google has yet to make an itunes equivalent...big flaw in my book. I'm sure they will some day (maybe when they come out with google music).

jtown#AC

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I have double twist now and it won't play them. I have seen the posts on converting to mp3 and removing the protection from video. Still looking for a one stop fix.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Three words ---- Drag and drop

This is the fastest way I've found. That is if you have your music organized.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I have double twist now and it won't play them. I have seen the posts on converting to mp3 and removing the protection from video. Still looking for a one stop fix.

It will cost you, but you can have apple remove the DRM by buying the unprotected version like @ 50% of what you first bought your music for.

That is what I did when apple 1st offered non-protected music.

Good luck.

azreed2000

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Just hook it up to your PC and grab it from your itunes library folder... it (the Xoom) plays the music and the videos perfectly with the stock player...

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Google has yet to make an itunes equivalent...big flaw in my book. I'm sure they will some day (maybe when they come out with google music).

they should definitely make one but without that mandatory sync crap. The way Android has taken off, they need something like iTunes.

jtown#AC

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
When I drag and drop from itunes library to music folder on xoom I get a message it might not play correctly on device but I let it copy over. It then is in the music folder as a mpeg4 (protected) and will not open.

barkomatic

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
some of the video on iTunes is actually not DRM protected, while other videos are. Could that be why some will play on the Xoom and others will not? I noticed that when viewing the files in Doubletwist, some have a lock icon next to them and other video files don't.

Has anyone gotten a locked iTunes TV show to play on the Xoom directly?

joel_frederick

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I had problems with DoubleTwist (as did several other Android owners where I work). While it may be Mac related, DoubleTwist didn't pick up play lists and also didn't sync books.

I had better luck with Salling Media Sync but still wasn't quite happy.

That is a round about way to say iSyncr rocks.

As mentioned. The phone won't play files with DRM but also as mentioned, There are programs out there. TuneClone for the Mac works well but runs about $40 for a license. NoteBurner and it's counter parts for video should also work well for Mac or PC. NoteBurner also has solutions for video.

twainharte

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Amazons mp3 app works for me for music. However its limited in content. When the flash update hits I think the streaming video will work as well. Some good deals on there. I can buy video for about a two bucks, but it streams so you can't take it with you . Although I am not a huge Amazon fan at this point for the xoom, it seems okay.