I've got the EVO - ask me anything!

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
ya i just did a factory reset on my phone so that might have some thing to do with it. was running the same test last night and was pulling down about 300-600k so try it might help

Resetting makes no difference. Remember, this is across several people, several towers, and several phones.

I don't want to turn this into a speed test thread- I was just answering someone's concerns about switching to this phone and to Sprint. Suffice it to say there are some very large areas where, regardless of phone or signal strength, Sprint's 3G is miserably slow. My advice still stands- before switching to another carrier, if speed is a concern, then test it LOCALLY with some friends on Sprint before making your decision.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Being a huge fan of the stock ICS experience and knowing Google required all Android 4.0 phones to include the Holo theme (not necessarily the full theme, but the framework for apps and such) is there a theme you can switch to that will emulate the stock ICS color and feel via Sense?

HTC's got a bunch of skins you can try out. Seen a lot of folks using dark ones.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Ok, everyone. If your question has already been asked, then please don't ask it again. He'll post a thorough review I'm sure. The more it gets cluttered up, the longer it'll take him to get through them.

Amen. Same for questions (like battery life) that need more than a day to be answered. You folks know how this works. :p

mhmmdy123

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I have question! Is there any different between the HTC EVO 4G LTE and the SGS 2 4G Epic Touch? I mean in the hardware's! Any major update? Beside the higher resolution and the camera. I`m talking in processor and storage! And which you would recommend it more as business handset?

SoCalMario

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Actually phill, Not really unless Im missing something. I had to root my EVO 3D for my google talk to include voice and video. Whici is why I was asking. Unless they decided to include it on the EVO 3D in which case I didn't know because I did it myself on my rooted 3D. But it's good to know that it does have it because I love it! Thanks for your response. I can't wait to get my hands on mine!!!

swaze

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Actually phill, Not really unless Im missing something. I had to root my EVO 3D for my google talk to include voice and video. Whici is why I was asking. Unless they decided to include it on the EVO 3D in which case I didn't know because I did it myself on my rooted 3D. But it's good to know that it does have it because I love it! Thanks for your response. I can't wait to get my hands on mine!!!

No, not true. The issue was google talk was not updated at the time the 3D was released. So the dev's hacked a version of it to use for rooted phones, until google/sprint actually had the app updated to work on the 3D unrooted. It just took a while (as usual) for them to update the phone. My wife has the 3D and her GT video works out the box.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Phil,
Since you already did a great review of Sense 4 and ICS, I think the key questions for a lot of people involve hardware usability and signal connection strength on EVO LTE compared to the other main option on Sprint right now the GNexus LTE.

Can you give some thoughts on use with those two perhaps?
Thx

Darrkman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Will the new EVO help some of the dudes in here discover women? If not will it at least get them out of their mom's basement? :D

Sent from my EVO Shift

Reactions: Bjamar24

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
OK. I've gone through and cleaned up this thread a bit. If I deleted your post, don't take it personally. I've got 24 hours to answer your questions before taking a short vacation (back in NOLA, no less). And that's part of why I disappeared to drive home last night -- to give you guys a full 24 hours of my attention in here.

And now, back to the questions!

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Phil,
Since you already did a great review of Sense 4 and ICS, I think the key questions for a lot of people involve hardware usability and signal connection strength on EVO LTE compared to the other main option on Sprint right now the GNexus LTE.

Can you give some thoughts on use with those two perhaps?
Thx

Some of that I'm going to have to rely on YOU guys to answer, as I've not been a daily Sprint user lately. That's also the sort of thing that's gonna take more than 12 hours to answer.

Initial thoughts, though: Going from AT&T's LTE network in NOLA to Sprint's 3G network ... ARG!

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I have question! Is there any different between the HTC EVO 4G LTE and the SGS 2 4G Epic Touch? I mean in the hardware's! Any major update? Beside the higher resolution and the camera. I`m talking in processor and storage! And which you would recommend it more as business handset?

Yes. There's definitely a difference. I suggest you go back and read our SGSII review.

anon(603471)

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I noticed in some of the HTC One X reviews (the quad core version) there was noticeable lag with sense 4. Everything else seemed to worm perfect, but there were little delays after selecting things throughout Sense. The videos I've seen of the 4G LTE didn't appear to have any lag, but those were show models at conferences/events. Have your noticed any lag like this while navigating through Sense? Thanks for doing this Q & A!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe