'I've Ordered a Nexus 5' Thread! (Order & Shipping Discussion)

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
My 32 GB Nexus 5 just arrived today. Upgrading from a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. However, I haven't gotten a SIM card from Sprint yet so just playing with it on Wifi for now. It just updated itself to 4.4.4. My GNex and Tablet (Nexus 7 of course) were only on 4.4.2 so this should be interesting. Need to do my unlock the bootloader reminder course before doing anything else.
I should also add that this is the first time I've ever bought a phone and didn't just get my upgrade but Sprint only had the 16 GB version, and they wonder why it wasn't that popular.

Dhalgren

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Ordered by red 32GB on the morning of September 25, and it shipped that evening. Received it September 30, and activated it at a very busy Sprint store on October 1. As expected, the staffer had some trouble activating the phone, and had to look-up a document in Sprint's internal knowledge database. But it took just 5 minutes overall to have him install a SIM card and I was on my way.

Love this phone. I came from an LG G1, which I think is still a gorgeous, all glass device, but the wireless charging and compatibility with Android Wear brought me to a Nexus. I once owned the Sprint Galaxy Nexus, and I was bitterly disappointed in the battery life. So far, the Nexus 5 meets or exceeds the LG G1. And wireless charging is just too cool, despite the slightly slower charging speed. I had argued for years that we will never need phones with 1080p displays. Well now that I own one, I simply cannot complain. It is pretty stunning.

Also the amount of music I can store on the device is impressive. With the G1, my 12GB of music brought the storage in-use to 31.2GB. WIth the Nexus 5, I have the same music on-board, and about 11GB free. Bye bye, bloat.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Nice that Sprint had something in their internal database! Attempting to activate mine this weekend though may ultimately move over to T-mobile for less money.

Last edited:

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm back! I had the N5 for a while, but sold it for a nexus 4. Well, after seeing the size and price of the N6, I decided to go back to the N5 (black) and sell my N4. A year later, it's still one of the top performing phones out there. I'll probably keep it for a year or so, and see what google comes out with next year.

jvai

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
hey, I'm not going to start a new thread for this question, but,

when buying a nexus 5 from google play, who do I call to get the MSL ?

my carrier or google?

jvai

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
hey, I'm not going to start a new thread for this question, but,

when buying a nexus 5 from google play, who do I call to get the MSL ?

my carrier or google?

ok, thanks for the answers everyone,

I deducted that if buying a nexus from google play at full price, there should be NO msl TO be obtained to unlock the handset, for the msl is for subsidized devices only -

Master Subsidy Lock (MSL) Codes – Brian's Random Thoughts

got it..

JacquesL

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I have an 8GB Nexus 4 unlocked that I love and use on Consumer Cellular. But I am always runing out of space these days and want to upgrade to a 32GB Nexus 5 unlocked. But for the last two months, it has been out of stock. The Nexus 6 is way too big. There is also a rumor that there will be a Galaxy S5 GPE. If you know anything about this, let me know.

How often should I check the site for the Nexus 5?
Do they replenish the stock on a given day of the week?
Is there a better place for me to buy it?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Back with the nexus 5, 16GB. Love Lollipop.

Not only I got for free when I downgraded and ported my Father's account but I also got $150 Wal-Mart gift card. :)

*I'm paying for my families phone bill. Posted because some were quick to criticize me keeping both.

SHIFT_nexus five

symbotier

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Got my "new" Nexus 5 D821 16GB from Ebay in an auction from an Italian seller. Pretty happy with the deal as the phone is nearly pristine and battery life looks to be over 3h of SOT.

I have been using BlackBerrys for the last several years (Q10 then Passport then Classic). Thinking about moving to Android and this is my trial device. So far so good!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777