"I've ordered my HTC One (M8)!" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Cancelled my developer edition order because it's not fully compatible with T-Mobile as it is missing the AWS 3G bands. Might just wait on April 11 and decide between the GS5 and the M8...

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
AT&T yours?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

AT&T as well, weird they are using different carriers. it's also weird that people are paying for overnight, they gave that to me for free via their website...

anywhoo, got it this morning and man, this phone is gorgeous. root and bootloader unlock was easy as could be as well!

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
My AT&T version is scheduled for delivery today as well. Ordered it yesterday. Glad to have it for the weekend.

Sent from my Moto X via Tapatalk

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I cancelled my Sprint order cause of a glitch in there system they don't even have the gold ones but told me they did and i ordered two. So now I have to wait 3-5 days for credit. I also couldn't get Best Buy to work online it said my cart was empty and wouldn't work. So then I call my store and no one knows anything a release date a pre-order date nothing for Sprint. I have a silver Htc One now and will take Gold or Silver but I was wanting different but I don't like the gunmetal. Anyway today I cal back Best Buy 1-800 # and he tells me oh it's letting me order you 2 in Amber Gold and you can pick them up tomorrow at the Best Buy Mobile inside this mall which is near my regular Best Buy store. So I get my husbands credit card order two phone and he says if they weren't in stock something would pop up. You'll get an e -mail later on. Well I knew they weren't going to be there tomorrow. Cause why would my regular best Buy store not know anything.

So I call the store. They were like we don't even have a release date nor do we have any phones who told you we did. So anyway here we ordered two phones again and they don't have them nor do they have a release date. I called back the 1-800 # and she said oh I am so sorry but I suggest you cancel cause once they give you your gift cards you won't get to use them to pay for your phones since there paid for. I asked the other guy about that and he said we could get a credit adjusted to our card whatever the gift cards amounted to and she said no he told me wrong. She apologized and said everyone was given a false release date of 3/25. I said no that was supposed to be the announcement of the relase date with more info on the phone which most of already knew. I read April 8th or 11th. So now we canceled another order and have to wait 3-5 days for a credit. First the best buy mobile guy said he has no info on Sprint just AT&T and then he told me I could have pre-ordered from him putting 25 bucks down per phone. So I don't know what's what and no one knows. I am calling him back tomorrow so see if we really can put 25 down and if so I'll ride over there. I wish he would do it over the phone for all my trouble.

I put my HTC One on Craigs List and have had a couple responses already and hate to make someone wait. But I am going to wait it out with BB cause I am sure I signed up for Phone Freedom for extra 50 and they will give us 125 per phone which I may go that route than worry about meeting a stranger and doing the Craigs List thing. But I hope those who have there's are enjoying it. I hope it's worth upgrading from the old one to the new one. Oh and I also got an email from BB I have a birthday coming up and there was a 10% off coupon.

Anyone who looks to sell phones, there is a better option than Craigslist. I used to sell on there all the time. Swappa is great. You don't pay seller fees. Everything is through PayPal (they do get their cut) and you're assured payment. No dicey situations meeting strangers. I've sold five or six phones last year with them.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I concur about swappa, I used them for my last few phones. As long as they are around I will never sell another phone on eBay.

Posted via Android Central App

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
So everyone loves this phone how many of you guys upgraded from the previous HTC One. I just spoke to best buy mobile and they said yes we can pre order for 25 bucks and that they got info today that it will be available on the 6th. He said until HTC gives them a release date even if they had them they can't sell them. But I heard 4/6 in the beginning cause I said oh a nice birthday present for me which is 4/9. And I decided if BB will give me 125 for my phone I'll take it verses someone on Craigs list meeting me for 150 and they wanted my phone today. Not worth it for me to be without a phone for a week over 25 bucks. I may look into swappa but I want this phone really bad so even if I have to pay some on it I'm fine with that. But yes I would like to know who all had the original One and is it that much better and worth upgrading too? Thanks!

Received mine yesterday afternoon! Loving this phone!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

alorr14

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I received an email from BB and was told it is on backorder. I also keep checking if any are available at local stores but find nothing

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
My BB mobile said I could pre order and selling date is 4/6. I hope they don't try telling me it's on back order. LOL! I hope they really get them to sell on the 6th.

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I think you might be in luck when you check your email. I received a shipment confirmation from AT&T at about 630pm PT tonight scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Score!

Your right! Last night I got the shipment email...its on the FedEx truck for delivery today!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Both me and my girlfriend upgraded from the old HTC one to the new one with AT&T next. Both phones were delivered next day for free. Way to go AT&T!

Posted via Android Central App

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
So everyone loves this phone how many of you guys upgraded from the previous HTC One. I just spoke to best buy mobile and they said yes we can pre order for 25 bucks and that they got info today that it will be available on the 6th. He said until HTC gives them a release date even if they had them they can't sell them. But I heard 4/6 in the beginning cause I said oh a nice birthday present for me which is 4/9. And I decided if BB will give me 125 for my phone I'll take it verses someone on Craigs list meeting me for 150 and they wanted my phone today. Not worth it for me to be without a phone for a week over 25 bucks. I may look into swappa but I want this phone really bad so even if I have to pay some on it I'm fine with that. But yes I would like to know who all had the original One and is it that much better and worth upgrading too? Thanks!

I upgraded from the M7 and for me it was worth the upgrade, I'm sure you will read other threads of people saying it is not worth it and for them it may not be but I'm blessed to have a good job so I can afford to buy a new phone when the whim hits me but I will say that I got my M7 when it first came out and loved it but now I have the M8 and I'm loving it even more, buttery smooth. You will love it.

Ice

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Are some att stores already getting them in? I was talking to a rep on the online chat and they searched my area for a phone and they said they had some but are out of stock now. Not sure if true but I am curious now

stlcards504

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Ordered one this morning through AT&T and it is already processed and shipped. Tracking says it should arrive on Tuesday, holding out a glimmer of hope that it comes tomorrow, but I'm not counting on it.

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Also ordered from AT&T this morning. Was hoping somehow it would get here for a Saturday delivery but according to their tracking info it says Monday. I've lucked out in the past with early deliveries so I'm keeping my fingers crosses!

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Your right! Last night I got the shipment email...its on the FedEx truck for delivery today!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Just got home from work and it was sitting on my doorstep. Using it as I type. It's an amazing device!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Well at least I can read what everyone thinks about the phone for a week but we have them on order finally. We went to Best Buy Mobile store in the mall and he said I was the 1st to reserve a gold one. My husband didn't care for how the front the speakers were gold. He likes his silver that he has now so he was unsure whether he wanted gold or gunmetal. We always use cases but he thought maybe the front speakers might be silver and the back would be gold and I said oh I wish we could see one in person and the guy pulls out a gold one out of his pocket and let us play with it. I mainly wanted to see how it was in my small hands but it's pretty much the same just taller. I love the double tap to turn off and on.He played a song it was loud. I liked the gold ok but wished just for the heck of it I could of seen the gunmetal. Me and my husband have always had the same phones since the 1st EVo. Well the guy showed my husband a gunmetal online and he thought the speakers in front were too dark but wasn't sure without having one in person so the guy said I'll reserve you one of each you'll have to buy 2 x 25 dollar gift cards but you'll only have to get one phone when you decide a color but one may be in before the other. He has to decide he can't get one than change his mind.But I was worried I would end up liking the gunmetal maybe but was almost sure I didn't want it. And if I was to like it I'd be mad cause I could of already had it through telesales. But they told us April 6th was the relase date.

So anyway there is an AT&T store across the street and I called them to see if they had a display one or accessories they said no and they said April 11th. So we drive down the road to Verizon and they have gunmetal and silver which is our favorite. But I wanted to be different with gold anyway and who knows when Sprint will get silver or if it's Verikzon only but at least we saw the gunmetal in person. I didn't care for it that much back was ok but the speakers were too dark and I bet my husband ends up with gold who knows. But they had the dot case on there's it was kind of cool. Verizon has buy one get one free and we saw a commercial tonight during the U of L game for the phone from Verizon. So I guess I can wait till the 6th since I might be getting the extra 50 phone freedom if not I'm still fine with paying 75 for the phone and selling mine back for 125 and being done with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe