"I've ordered my Nexus 5X" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I ordered at 2:40 PM on Thursday December 17th because of overnight shipping. I am hoping they finish shipping it today but it does say its estimated for monday. :-( Not exactly overnight shipping but I will survive I guess. 32gb White 5x. Has anyone recieved a delivery from Google on Saturday now that they use FedEx?? Give me hope people!! haha

Greatsrj23

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered the 32 GB from Best Buy. They had it on sale for $380. The 16 GB was $330 but I did the no interested financing so I wanted the 32 GB since it's only an $8 a month difference. I've been hemming and hawing about a phone for a few months now but I decided it was worth a shot since I can return it easier to Best Buy if I didn't like it.. I'm nervous about having issues on Verizon as a lot of people have had but it seems like most issues have been resolved. Please wish me luck!

merlot2k1

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered a Carbon 32GB model from the BuyDig on eBay deal - $349.99 plus $20 gift card. Should get it by Feb. 2nd. I'm coming back to Android after exploring Windows phone (Lumia ICON) for a year and a half. I plan to switch to Project Fi when my Verizon contract expires in Sept.

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: "I've ordered my Nexus 5X" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Google lowered the price by $50 for the 5X in their store - I think today, because I've been checking since last Friday trying to decide what to do. Just ordered the 32gb in black for $349.

ncelk

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: "I've ordered my Nexus 5X" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Just ordered Monday and received it today. Wonder if I have to return it or they will honor the current price on mine?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Ordered one on Wednesday night from B&H and it arrived today! 16gb in Ice. The color is so pretty looking, pains me that I can't set it up right now.

anon(3275623)

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Ordered one on 3/30. Received it on 4/1 (just in time — my Go Phone plan was ending the same day.)

Slightly goofy on activation as I had a Google Voice number. Apparently it needs to be "unlocked" and Google charged a $3 fee for the convenience. :-\ Has some further hiccups with "mismatched owner information" but Google Fi support was extremely helpful (apparently I was speaking to persons in Vegas). Finally got it switched over after four hours.

Loving the service so far! Glad to be back in the Android world for now. :)

Doozer999

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
...I really am on the edge of buying a 5X over here in the UK....having had an N5 for a couple of years. The N5 is still uber sleek, slick, chique and quick...but fancy a newbie.... Was looking at the Samsung S7...but could be persuaded to stay to the purity of Nexus (I'm no geek, but just love it for what I use it for)....BUT...over here on Goolge store....it is $130 more!!!

What the....!? Whys that...how do I get 'your' good deals...?

justmikey

May 22, 2013
Visit site
"I've ordered my Nexus 5X" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Just order my 32GB Frost N5x and it should be here Monday. I'm excited to finally come back to a Nexus device.

My first was an N4 3 years ago. That was after coming from iOS and an iPhone 4. After the N4 I went to a Note 4. Loved the screen size and the initial speed of the device but hated touch wiz and waiting for updates.

I sold the Note 4 in January and jumped on a super sweet deal through work for a 64GB Gold iPhone 6S+ this thing is blazing fast and the battery life is amazing. Easy all day battery from morning to bedtime with 10-20% remaining. I never have to worry about charging it midday. But I hate the limits of iOS software and really miss the freedom of Android.

I originally planned to get the 6P but I'm kind of tired of the duper sized phones and I think the 5.2" screen on the N5x is perfect. I know the phone has had some issues initially and that many of the updates have helped but I'm a form believer in the Nexus line and I'm hoping with Android N that Google addresses any remaining issues and brings out the full potential of this awesome device.

Best,

Mikey

Last edited:

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Got mine a few days ago. Ordered the 32GB version from Amazon for about $262. Love it ! Best Android phone I've ever bought.

Flicked via the BlackBerry keyboard on my Nexus 5X

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
5X is still a great phone though not as shiny and new as recent competitors. Glad to see people still ordering and enjoying the handset.