Jumped ship -- Coming back?

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Well that was a sad day... FedEx showed up with my new note 7 but I had already taken mine back for a refund... So I refused the package...

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Why? I'd have kept it if I wanted a N7 and worked out paying for it after the fact. Unless you're over it for now then I understand.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Why? I'd have kept it if I wanted a N7 and worked out paying for it after the fact. Unless you're over it for now then I understand.

No I had returned mine because Samsung was going to make me drive an hour away to one of their stores to return my old one. Plus I wanted to order my next one from Costco as they have better perks and a really good device protection plan. Canada is very limited for device protection plans. I always been iPhone so had apple care. Didn't realize Samsung didn't offer their protection plan for canada

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm on the S7 Edge and liking it so far. A couple days after I returned the Note, the revised units were announced :( I'm not going through the hassle of returning the Edge and then pay restocking fees and go through all the trouble plus the stigma with it too now. A customer at work flew today and said they made an announcement about it.

I hope the S8 Edge is out a bit earlier this year. No way I'm doing pre ordering again though after this. I bet a lot of Note users will by the S8 Edge. That is how it has been the last two years.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the S7 Edge and liking it so far. A couple days after I returned the Note, the revised units were announced :( I'm not going through the hassle of returning the Edge and then pay restocking fees and go through all the trouble plus the stigma with it too now. A customer at work flew today and said they made an announcement about it.

I hope the S8 Edge is out a bit earlier this year. No way I'm doing pre ordering again though after this. I bet a lot of Note users will by the S8 Edge. That is how it has been the last two years.

I think I may do the same. Not 100% yet but I too am really enjoying the s7 edge, despite being a note person at heart.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
What do you like about the s7 edge. I was even checking that out.

When typing on the screen it's just like using the large screen of the note.

Myself and others notice that the Edge has a lot less lag to it than the Note 7, at least my Note 7 seemed to not be quite as snappy.

I wonder if maybe they should just morph the Note in with the Edge and have two flagship phones like Apple does with the 7 and 7 plus.

I think the Note 7 was a little rushed into production maybe that explains why it doesn't run quite as smooth.

Regardless the Note is still a top notch device. I hope they go all out with the s8 Edge though to make up for this debacle which I'm sure cost them a lot. I would expect the S8 Edge to have Iris scanner on it. 6gb of ram would be nice too.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
What do you like about the s7 edge. I was even checking that out.

Yes, my note 7 was stuttery out the gate but settled by week 2 and ran smooth from that point. However, the s7 edge has ran smoothly from day 1 and even a bit quicker. As I said before it may be due to the Note 7 having several extra software features but still using the same hardware as the s7/ s7 edge. Nevertheless they both run great and that was just my experience with my two units. Also, some like Grace ui, I personally didn't, while it's more elegant, I found myself annoyed with how it handled quick settings and folders. It seemed counter intuitive having to swipe right to left once inside a folder since I'm use to swiping up and down. And quick settings menu seemed slower and functionality wasn't as easy as it's handled on the s7 edge IMO. I fear Samsung will bring grace ui to the nougat update this fall though.

Even though the note fits great in hand, I like the form and fit of the s7 edge just a smidgen better. I usually get notes with slim cases but with Samsung doing a great job packing a 5.5 inch screen into such a small body with the s7 edge I got a mophie 3400mah battery pack case and it fits in hand wonderfully despite the added heft and weight. Which also leads me to this, the s7 edge battery has been better then my note 7 (not counting the mophie case), only by maybe 20 min sot but hey it is what it is.

Also, the s7 edge screens gentler sloping edges makes edge swiping easier and more satisfying (especially with a case on), and by the way in this black color the phone looks great.

With all that said, I do miss that coral blue color on the note 7, iris scanner, day and night blue light filter, notifications on aod, and spen functions. However, is it worth paying restocking fees, taxes, activation fees, spending 6+ hrs setting up a new phone to my liking for the 4th time since August 19 (exactly 1 month to the day)? I'm not really sure.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
When typing on the screen it's just like using the large screen of the note.

Myself and others notice that the Edge has a lot less lag to it than the Note 7, at least my Note 7 seemed to not be quite as snappy.

I wonder if maybe they should just morph the Note in with the Edge and have two flagship phones like Apple does with the 7 and 7 plus.

I think the Note 7 was a little rushed into production maybe that explains why it doesn't run quite as smooth.

Regardless the Note is still a top notch device. I hope they go all out with the s8 Edge though to make up for this debacle which I'm sure cost them a lot. I would expect the S8 Edge to have Iris scanner on it. 6gb of ram would be nice too.

samsung will never make the s line and the note line one device line. From a business standpoint it wouldn't make sense. They are selling a lot of devices and a ton of people buy the s line then move to the note. I personally don't like the s7 edge. I had nothing but problems with it and accidental touch issues. I think the note 7 is the best feeling and looking device to date. I didn't notice that it was any faster or slower than the edge. Both are nice but I think the note is always a little better, at least for me.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I'd love to have a S8E+ I didn't really need the note just wanted a black phone. I had the S7E.
And I just found out the Samsung has the S7E Black unlocked. Too late now as I have the IP7+ coming tomorrow.

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Is there a reason why Samsung used the Snapdragon 820 for Note 7s in North America and not the Enxyos 8890 like overseas? My S7 Edge I got over a week ago has the 8890 CPU in Canada and this thing just flies and has amazing battery life.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'd love to have a S8E+ I didn't really need the note just wanted a black phone. I had the S7E.
And I just found out the Samsung has the S7E Black unlocked. Too late now as I have the IP7+ coming tomorrow.

best buy sells unlocked ones cheaper than the carriers sell their phones.

I would think about half the people here will buy the S8 Edge, then jump to the Note 8. This year a lot of people did that because they want the newest gadget.

Jagadalic

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I ended up coming back to the note 7 after a couple of day with the 7 plus. I was able to get the new note 7 and I do have to say it seems faster than my recalled one.