Jumped ship -- Coming back?

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Yea. There's folks who simply don't know (and don't want to know) and then there's "none so blind as those who will not see."
To be fair, the Android OS is generally less smooth and consumes a high % of battery than it should in my opinion (particularly in standby/sleep mode), but the actual active-use time is pretty similar if one compares apples with apples =)

Yup, it's standby battery life where iOS beats Android without any question. When it comes to actual device use, they're the same.

nestafaria

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Dumb question on iPhone7: do you have to connect to a pc or can you do all your setup and downloads just on the phone (like you can with android)? I had a 6s for work last year and recall having to connect to a pc which irritated the heck out of me.

I have not connected my i7 to a PC. Set up as new but could have done a restore from the phone.

vcarvega

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Why would I jump ship because of . 001% of phones that had a default??? I have a higher chance of dying in a car crash than I do of my phone exploding!

Plus, other manufacturers have this same problem every year... You have no guarantees that what other phone you pick up instead doesn't have a defective battery, because Samsung is the only one to recall theirs.

Love the Note 7. No, I'm not jumping ship.

vcarvega

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You're either full of it or you're doing something on your Note 7 that you're not doing on the 7 Plus... Because the battery on the Note 7 outlasts the iPhone on any head to head comparison.

The 7 Plus is probably snappier though. But honestly not by much.

nestafaria

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
You're either full of it or you're doing something on your Note 7 that you're not doing on the 7 Plus... Because the battery on the Note 7 outlasts the iPhone on any head to head comparison.

The 7 Plus is probably snappier though. But honestly not by much.

Battery on my 6s plus was better than the Note. Especially standby time.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I did and I'm not.

I still don't understand how you'll physically be able to tell what phones have been exchanged and which ones haven't at airports, trains, etc... For resale you can check the Samsung site before you buy, but I'm just meh about the phone now.

I'll be back with S8...maybe

Sorry if you've mentioned this elsewhere in this thread, but what phone did you get to replace your Note 7?

pcsperson

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Temporarily edge user. Don't like it. Lags. Freezes. Dust under screen protector. I miss my Note7. Coral blue. My local Verizon store sausage possible Monday. To call at noon. Plan to call

Posted via the Android Central App
I still feel the s7 edge was smoother, than my Note 7. But we all see things differently.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm torn. Part of me wants to head back to the N7 and part of me wants to give the 7/7plus a try. I'm not married to either ecosystem, I enjoy using both. Leaning more towards the N7 at this moment due to the s-pen, which would be very useful in taking notes at work.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Well Mr. FAA can walk up the aisle and arrest me. At some point, this hysteria will be reversed. As fast as the CPSC/media/FAA went bezerk about the exploding phone, the can issue a statement to all airlines to reverse it.

Will the little black square, "S" sticker and supposed green battery indicator help? Of course not. But clarification from the authorities who started this hysteria can.

There will be conflicts. There will be arguments. I'm sure there will also be news stories about someone getting thrown off the plane/arrested upon landing for not complying with a flight attendant.

If that person has a "revised" Note 7, I smell a lawsuit. It's a mess for sure, but it will fade in time. Question is how long? Needs to be soon since next week will be a surge in replaced phones. Those people fly too. The FAA should be as hyper aware of this change as they were with the bad news.

The FAA just made it illegal to power on this phone during a flight. I made another thread about it.
Just a heads up.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
You know I've seen some really good IP photos and some really crappy ones that look like there is a haze over the camera lens.
That being said I do think the N7 has the better camera, but my god some of those IP photos are so bad it has to be software or user error.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I thought about that myself, but the resale and stigma with the N7 I just don't see either going away. It's the same reason I stayed away from the IP6 (bend gate) and now those have touch screen issues. Everyone know and then manufactures produce a lemon and the N7 is Samsung's. The Lumia 950 XL (which I owned) was a lemon also and this from a windows phone fanboy.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
You know I've seen some really good IP photos and some really crappy ones that look like there is a haze over the camera lens.
That being said I do think the N7 has the better camera, but my god some of those IP photos are so bad it has to be software or user error.
Probably user error if they're that bad. I had a 6s through work back in early spring. The photos weren't too bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali