Jumped ship -- Coming back?

mike208

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
My wife just called out verizon and best buy stores(due to lack of colors we had to buy both are notes at 2 different stores). Both say they do not have new replacements yet and were unaware when they would have them(thats upsetting to hear). But verizon(where i got mine) said I could get an iPhone 7 as a loaner until the replacements come in with no restocking fee. Trying to decide if I should test it out. I will miss the android customization, and I wasn't wowed by the iphone 7 itself, but I did like some of the things I saw in iOS10

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
waiting to get my replacement and will stick with the Note 7. Loved the device as well. This is a battery issue that is now fixed and taken care. This should not affect phone performance or what you loved about the N7. Everything remains the same with now added peace of mind that it will not explode when you are charging it or holding. This should make the experience even better :)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
LG V20 would be tempting, but LG will probably do what they do best and be late to the gate. Initial reviews and previews indicate outstanding radio reception. Something not exactly a strong suit with the Note 7. Weak LTE signal drains more than the display.

olga421

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
So I've been charging my phone, and it doesn't over heat also I've disabled fast charging, so what I'm saying is anyone else experiencing the same thing??? Please note I will be receiving the new one, but for now this is all I have

Posted via Android Central App

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
So I've been charging my phone, and it doesn't over heat also I've disabled fast charging, so what I'm saying is anyone else experiencing the same thing??? Please note I will be receiving the new one, but for now this is all I have

Posted via Android Central App

Correct disabling fast charging reduces heat. It should also give you 10% more long-term battery life after the first year. If you exchange every year though, you will not notice. I leave off fast-charging and only turn it on if I need it in a pinch for time.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I got an iPhone 6S Plus 128 GB on Sunday and was told today I could exchange it for the Note 7 on the 21st. I'm hoping I didn't get duped, but on the other hand I won't be terribly shafted I guess, but I want to go home to Android badly.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't disagree, I keep trying to swipe the notifications away on ios10 and it won't work! Lol
Lol. You think that's bad. I keeping double tapping the home button on my Note 5 thinking it will go to the tabs screen like my old IPhone 6s Plus. I keep forgetting I have a Recent button , lol.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Jumped to the S7 Edge last week and I'm staying with it. Its everything I need and I don't miss what the Note 7 has over it (Iris scanner, S pen, USB-C). It has the same guts, same resolution screen (minus .2" but who can tell) a hair bigger battery and better battery life and it seems a bit more zippy. Basically, the S7 Edge is everything I liked about the Note 7 and its minus the things I didn't need. The Note 7 is awesome, but the S7 Edge is all I need. I'm good to go until the Note 8 or 9 :)

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I got an iPhone 6S Plus 128 GB on Sunday and was told today I could exchange it for the Note 7 on the 21st. I'm hoping I didn't get duped, but on the other hand I won't be terribly shafted I guess, but I want to go home to Android badly.

Don't tell me that your a ship jumper, how will I be able to sleep at night?

Inevitable Flux

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Never understood what is boring? Is it a game to move around your icons and widgets all day? I don't understand what's boring. On my note I organized my apps into folders. On my iphone I organize apps into folders. Should I be doing that every day so as not to become bored?

Yea.. To call the iPhone boring is a bit overdramatic in my opinion. That said , for me, I do enjoy more flexibility in customization/widget use which the android ecosystem provides.. Mostly because I actually don't like my home screens/additional screens to be cluttered at all. I rely solely on the app drawer, or with the Note 7, the edge panels. It'd be nice if apple would offer something similar so that I could delete everything from the home screen altogether without actually "uninstalling" it. I'd love to do that for my iPad. Although I've heard there's more customization with iOS 10 which I've yet to install.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The 7E curve for me is too much and I notice the .2" less size and especially the 32GB less storage. If a person is not an app horder', no harm no foul with half the storage.

Inevitable Flux

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Don't get me wrong I'm a huge Samsung fan boy but some people hate to admit the note 7 is a very laggy device.... The note 5 even the note 4 lags less

Yep.. Although there are some users that apparently had/have "0" lag with the Note 7, there were many that did (including myself). I resorted back to my Note 5 in the last couple of weeks due to the recall (and will re-purchasing the Note 7 once it hits retail soon), and I can attest that my Note 5 has noticeably less lag.
That said, even with the lag I had on the Note 7, there were so many other things I enjoyed and felt were so much more refined, that I was (and am) willing to overlook it. I am secretly hoping the "new" Note 7 I acquire will be lag-free though.

Inevitable Flux

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I do find posts like this comical sometimes. It is always interesting to me to see those have the phone and just be super happy and love every feature.. Which is fine.. But then one reason or another they return it (in this case a recall) and now it had issues (lag, app performance, battery, etc.), the screen isn't worth QHD, and so on.

Just so weird to see that instant flip once the phone is gone. Honeymoon affect? That would be my only guess.

Love this point. Thanks. [Some] people are fickle creatures I suppose... And others are blindingly loyal. Somewhere in-between seems like a good habit!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter