Jumping Ship

anon(4903109)

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, it's been some time since my last Android and I've finally become tired of iOS enough to jump ship.

My last Android was in April '10 it appears with the Nexus One. I just could NOT get the feel for it... it was laggy, crashy and overall didn't "feel" as good as the iPhone of that time. I've been a pretty loyal iPhone user all the way from 3G!

On release, I've purchased the iPhone 5S 32gb and have been using it without problem. But I've come to a realization... how fricken boring iOS is. Seriously, it hasn't changed much at all since the original iPhone's release! I've been able to withstand the previous generation iPhones due to their available jailbreaks... but more and more time goes by and I realize that I NEED that customization back.

The jailbreak provided me with just enough ability to change some things about the iPhone that I wasn't too happy about and gave me some power. Now that it's not here, I can't stand it. Stock iOS with no way to change it... very saddening indeed. After coming to this conclusion, I started looking into what Android has to offer (after almost 4 years). All I have to say is WOW Android has come a long way!

I've researched the top competitors currently and have come to the conclusion that GN3 is my best selection as of yet. Beefier specs coupled with what looks to be an amazing camera has really won me over! I have not purchased the Note 3 yet as I am still making iPhone payments... Also, T-Mobile has my phone locked to the carrier . My next step will be to pay the phone off and unlock it OR attempt to sell it as is locked to T-Mobile.

Depending on the way things go, I may keep the iPhone for a little bit longer and hold out for the next release of the Note (or whatever other Android tops out the GN3).

This will be officially my 4th jump to Android! Hopefully there will be no turning back!

TLDR; Due to boredom, I am leaving Apple behind (despite my recent purchase of the 5S) and jumping to the GN3 or better!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, it's been some time since my last Android and I've finally become tired of iOS enough to jump ship.

My last Android was in April '10 it appears with the Nexus One. I just could NOT get the feel for it... it was laggy, crashy and overall didn't "feel" as good as the iPhone of that time. I've been a pretty loyal iPhone user all the way from 3G!

On release, I've purchased the iPhone 5S 32gb and have been using it without problem. But I've come to a realization... how fricken boring iOS is. Seriously, it hasn't changed much at all since the original iPhone's release! I've been able to withstand the previous generation iPhones due to their available jailbreaks... but more and more time goes by and I realize that I NEED that customization back.

The jailbreak provided me with just enough ability to change some things about the iPhone that I wasn't too happy about and gave me some power. Now that it's not here, I can't stand it. Stock iOS with no way to change it... very saddening indeed. After coming to this conclusion, I started looking into what Android has to offer (after almost 4 years). All I have to say is WOW Android has come a long way!

I've researched the top competitors currently and have come to the conclusion that GN3 is my best selection as of yet. Beefier specs coupled with what looks to be an amazing camera has really won me over! I have not purchased the Note 3 yet as I am still making iPhone payments... Also, T-Mobile has my phone locked to the carrier . My next step will be to pay the phone off and unlock it OR attempt to sell it as is locked to T-Mobile.

Depending on the way things go, I may keep the iPhone for a little bit longer and hold out for the next release of the Note (or whatever other Android tops out the GN3).

This will be officially my 4th jump to Android! Hopefully there will be no turning back!

TLDR; Due to boredom, I am leaving Apple behind (despite my recent purchase of the 5S) and jumping to the GN3 or better!

Welcome to the forums. I would also suggest at looking at the Moto X or the Nexus 5.
So there still isn't a jailbreak method for the 5s? I would have thought there would have been one by now.

From a Sprint Moto X

Attachments

• 1387550006300.jpg
    1387550006300.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 12

anon(4903109)

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Nope, there isn't.

I'm a bit of a photography lover... The Nexus 5 didn't stack up as well against the Note and doesn't sport high enough specs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Nope, there isn't.

I'm a bit of a photography lover... The Nexus 5 didn't stack up as well against the Note and doesn't sport high enough specs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, welcome again to the forums. Take a walk around, see what you like. We have a photography section further down the forums.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forum...I recently made the switch from the iPhone 5 to the Note 3 and I haven't looked back. I'm still geting used to the enourmous size of the N3, but it's been working well so far. I love Apple and the iPhone but I'm not happy with Apple's lack of groundbreaking devices. The iPhone is a well polished device that works incredible well and smooth. But for what I pay, I'd like more say in what I do with my phone and how I choose to customize it which is impossible with the iPhone. When Apple goes back to its roots of revolutionizing its flagship iPhone perhaps I'll give them another chance. But for now, Android is beating the socks off Apple in my opinion, and I'll stick with them.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! The Note 3 won't disappoint if that's what you are looking to get. Let us know what you decide on purchasing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

anon(4903109)

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
thanks, I'm still waiting on some bites for my iPhone 5S 32gb.

It's brand new and is a flagship Apple phone... should be fairly easy to sell (one of the things I enjoy about Apple products)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Longhorn