Just got gingerbread ota!!

uw

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
wow.. instant gps.. smoother/quicker feel and my quadrant score hits 1550.. a dang good christmas present from verizon..

dabrahams

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine also says "Download Failed, device runs out of memory". I have deleted most of my programs, cleared the cache and memory, soft reset and still no luck. I have tried to download the update 6 times no with the same results.

MazoMark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm debating if I want to Odin back to ED05 to get this OTA and then re-root to de-Bing everything again.

What is verdict from those who've made jump? Are you seeing noticable performance and/or capability bump from this update?

fassy100

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm debating if I want to Odin back to ED05 to get this OTA and then re-root to de-Bing everything again.

What is verdict from those who've made jump? Are you seeing noticable performance and/or capability bump from this update?

Yess the phones and data speeds have increased and to me there is no lag whatsoever

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Wookie13

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine also says "Download Failed, device runs out of memory". I have deleted most of my programs, cleared the cache and memory, soft reset and still no luck. I have tried to download the update 6 times no with the same results.

Same problems here, been trying to put this on my wife's phone, but I get the out of memory error. Not sure what else I can do, I removed every app other than the essential's she uses, cleared the cache and data out of nearly everything, and still getting the error. I am showing over 1.4GB of internal memory available on it, so I am not sure where to turn next.

dabrahams

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Went to a Verizon store today and let them try to update my phone. They couldn't either and got the same message about "download failed". They ordered me a replacement phone under warranty.

knox05

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have issues with Amazon app store app? I can lon into kindle but not Amazon app store app. Message said invalid password.

69Eliminator

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have issues with Amazon app store app? I can lon into kindle but not Amazon app store app. Message said invalid password.

The Amazon app store is working fine for me. I had some issues with getting the OTA update to install as I had previously rooted my phone so I just flashed back to old stock via ODIN then I did the OTA updates from there. Once gingerbread was installed, then I started reinstalling my apps, including Amazon app store.

chriskman

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I flashed back to stock for the ginger bread ota. I live in a low signal area. Waited 3 hours. Done. Installed. Completely bricked my phone. Does anybody have any ideas what happened. I found a download version of eh3 on xda. This works great. Wish I could have used official but out didn't work for me.

fascinatej

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I feel like I was the only one with a solid, no problems fascinate for a while, now I am the only one after the update that has all sorts of buggy weird crap going on. my gps used to be perfect, when I first tried to use it it wouldn't work, seems to be working now but. Keeps logging me out of fb and twitter. Wifi won't grab in the house. Keeps saying no internet, that was after it finally connected after five attempts. Had an app that wouldn't download. I was standing in line at store and me an my friend were like whats that ringing it sounds so close, oh it was my husband calling, thats all. not the ringtone I set for him but some ring I never even saw before and couldn't find when I looked. Is it normal when you click on an app that the whole screen xooms in and makes one of the apps humongous before going to app? Is the phone quicker yes, but I miss the no nonsense I had before the update, things worked , not perfect, but pretty seemless. Half my contacts don't have their pictures now either. And why do I have two facebooks but there is only on in the app drawer. Ready for a new phone, still love this phone but I need it to work wth

DarthRott

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
downloaded the update OTA last night, and to my disappointment the battery drained faster than anything I have ever seen, funny thing was I hardly used my phone at all today. I sent maybe 3 texts, received no phone cals, made no phone calls. When i checked what was eating my battery it said call standby, WTF????

SLeepdepD

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
My wife got the ota on her phone this morning. For some reason auto-brightness shut off so her battery was almost dead by 3pm. I fixed it and will report back tomorrow on battery performance.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

mikethemedic

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Update bricked my phone.....

Stuck on CM screen. Didnt feel like fixing it myself. Took it to Verizon for a new one. We will see if the update works when i get the replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarkkent