just got my xl

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
It's amazing how people justify a subpar feature on a High dollar phone 80% of your time is screen was a deal breaker for me
How much lower would the price need to get before it was no longer a "High dollar phone" and the so-called blue tint would be acceptable? Because Best Buy has the 2 XL on sale for $549 (on monthly plan)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It's amazing how people justify a subpar feature on a High dollar phone 80% of your time is screen was a deal breaker for me

I must have got a good one because mine doesn't shift any different than the Samsungs.... In fact I think some Samsungs have more shift around the edges than I can really stand

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I was one of the first to get a Pixel 2 XL and I didn't know I was supposed to be upset about "blue shift" until I read about it in forums. For me it's totally overblown. What I really notice is how fast it is and how good the camera is.

rikken

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Got my XL yesterday. Screen is far better than many reviewers say. The phone is so fast, fluid and exellent in every way. Camera is superb.

Coming from a Note 8 with no regrets.

DarkNeo

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
It's still a display lottery...

Sometimes you'll get a phone with slight blue shift and lots of grain. Or little to no grain and bad blue shift. You either have to live with it or try and get a good one.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
It's still a display lottery...

Sometimes you'll get a phone with slight blue shift and lots of grain. Or little to no grain and bad blue shift. You either have to live with it or try and get a good one.

I have no idea what this "grain" thing is. I've had two Pixel 2 XL's that were absolutely identical and I've looked at the Pixel 2 XL in several Verizon and Best Buy stores. All have been identical with the same mild off-axis blue cast. All were very sharp. I have 20/20 vision and at this high of a resolution on such a small screen, I cannot see individual pixels or "grain". Can you explain what you're talking about when you say "grain"?

Derek Wright

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I was one of the first to get a Pixel 2 XL and I didn't know I was supposed to be upset about "blue shift" until I read about it in forums. For me it's totally overblown. What I really notice is how fast it is and how good the camera is.

I agree, it is a fantastic phone. I just started noticing some touch sensitivity issues today though as well... It doesn't always register my touches when tapping on something. And in one app I noticed scrolling with my fingertip gave me issues as well, had to use more of my finger to get it to respond. I've read this could be a hardware issue? Is that true?

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Got my XL yesterday. Screen is far better than many reviewers say. The phone is so fast, fluid and exellent in every way. Camera is superb.

Coming from a Note 8 with no regrets.
I agree, I'm really enjoying the pixel XL 2, smooth, fast, fluid and the camera is simply stellar. No screen issues either. Just waiting on my case and car mount

rikken

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I agree, I'm really enjoying the pixel XL 2, smooth, fast, fluid and the camera is simply stellar. No screen issues either. Just waiting on my case and car mount
No case for me, just a small cardholder for my creditcard and sertificate.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I agree, it is a fantastic phone. I just started noticing some touch sensitivity issues today though as well... It doesn't always register my touches when tapping on something. And in one app I noticed scrolling with my fingertip gave me issues as well, had to use more of my finger to get it to respond. I've read this could be a hardware issue? Is that true?

Google phone imei manufacture date or something like that and see when it was made. The later ones have better screens.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
That sounds awesome! Please post a picture of the case with the mount when you get them!
Awesome case and car vent, super light, thin and very nice to hold in the hand.
38a0b4938bd70d3d461ea1d55a7b8746.jpg
35ac2f9410038b2aca43de6a7ddbd0cb.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174