Just got this email from VZW regarding my order

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm not shocked. I think we all knew 6/6 was not happening and 7/9 was the date we got when we ordered. Still hopeful that 7/9 is the "worst case" date. Either way, I'm good though.

mud314

May 18, 2012
Visit site
:( I think I am going to wait and see the goodness of it in a store. Also, it would really irritate me if I was to pre-order the phone and then have to wait a while after the stores get it.

Not a fan of iPhones (even though I've used one for the past 7 months) but this phone is not an iPhone so I doubt that the lines will be long or sold out fast. But on the official launch date I will be at my closest VZ store.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Pre orders will have it on or before the date the stores will.. ill put my money on before...less man power u have to pay with pre orders ...the galaxy s line is growing to iPhone status and the fact Verizon didn't get the last one is kinda a big Deal ...

monkeypunch35

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
If your preorder hasn't shipped before they show up in stores, just cancel your preorder and pick one up from a store.

But, I wouldn't be surprised if they show up in stores before preorders, there will be an extremely limited amount, and it would have to be shipped anyways.. probably on July 9th :)

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I decided to go against my Signature (procrastinating) and ordered the S3. Yay! Let the nail biting begin!

I dont know if you remember when the incredible came out. If you didnt get the phone right away you had to wait for months for it to restock.

not to mention that we both know that once you get your hands on the s3 you are going to want it.

shatter71

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I just checked my order status twice on Verizon's webpage with the following results:

1. Expected Ship Date: 08/27/14417
2. Expected Ship Date: 11/25/2543

Talk about some nasty wait times!! I completed my order about 7:20AM EST.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I dont know if you remember when the incredible came out. If you didnt get the phone right away you had to wait for months for it to restock.

not to mention that we both know that once you get your hands on the s3 you are going to want it.

that was due to the screen shortage which is why they eventually switched to super lcds

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
that was due to the screen shortage which is why they eventually switched to super lcds

Thats right i forgot all about that .... well in that case we better get this phone as soon as it comes out before apple starts bombing the manufacturing facilities :p

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I decided to go against my Signature (procrastinating) and ordered the S3. Yay! Let the nail biting begin!

I was going to do the same and waited it out but decided might as well try it out and if I don't like it( which I highly doubt will be the case) I can always return it.

Geikamir

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I just checked my order status twice on Verizon's webpage with the following results:

1. Expected Ship Date: 08/27/14417
2. Expected Ship Date: 11/25/2543

Talk about some nasty wait times!! I completed my order about 7:20AM EST.

lol yeah. At first mine was showing up at 6/7/1772. Not sure what all that is about. It's fixed now.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm not shocked. I think we all knew 6/6 was not happening and 7/9 was the date we got when we ordered. Still hopeful that 7/9 is the "worst case" date. Either way, I'm good though.

Yup I hoping they will ship them before July, 9th too.
Either way I think those who pre ordered will get theirs before the stores have them :)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was going to do the same and waited it out but decided might as well try it out and if I don't like it( which I highly doubt will be the case) I can always return it.

I agree pretty sure I will like it too therefore the pre order .I try to research my phones pretty good before I fork out the cash. I dont think I made a mistake either :cool:

I remember lol I got caught up in that luckily I got the amoled screen on my incredible but took a month from the time I ordered til it got shipped........Wait thats how this is may be to but at least its not because of screen shortage lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldersod