Just returned Droid Bionic, now what?

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I have been drooling over the Bionic for, well, forever. I got the phone release day and have had a lot of problems with it (reboots especially, plus hissing out of earphone, horrid camera, etc). Instead of exchanging it, I decided to return it and go back to my trusty Droid X.

I would like to purchase a new phone before the new year. Any suggestions on what to look out for that has similar or better specs than the Bionic, coming up at Verizon? Not married to Moto (esp since I think their QA team dropped the ball on the Bionic's release). But I would like it to be 4G.

Thanks! Katherine

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Just returned Droid Bionic, now what???

The Prime is the only device I would consider on VZW. I am so happy my Bionic doesn't do what your did (no offense)

Cauhauna

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
if you want a camera that doesn't suck, stay away from moto. DROID x checking in, cam is worse than my bb tour 3.2 mp.

htc vigor or nexus prime

AndrewWestSide

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
agree, Prime or Vigor are the best upcoming devices on Verizon that we know of at this point. Between the two, Do you want Pure Android or Sense? i'm waiting for the Prime!

highbar81

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
The only one of the bunch coming up that I would look at would be the RAZR/HD? whatever it's going to be called. I've played with HTC and Samsung phones that my friends have and no matter what I do I don't like the UI. Now if the Prime is a Vanilla Android phone that might be worth a look but I still prefer Moto build quality over Samsung. Truthfully it's going to be whatever you like and are willing to wait for.

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, it's looking like the Prime is going to be my next device IF they can finally get the darn phone out and I can confirm specs. Delaying due to Steve Job's passing??? You have got to be kidding! The darn iphone sold the next day! Why would the Prime be delayed if it is business as usual at Apple.

SIGH. Anyway, yeah, yeah, patience is a virtue I do NOT possess....

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
For me, if I were to upgrade to another Android advice this year, it would be either the Prime or the RAZR as I dislike both HTC Sense and Samsung TouchWiz. I'm really curious to see what Ice Cream Sandwich has to offer over Gingerbread since I really liked the experience on the Bionic.

gdbjr

Banned
Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Get the iPhone 4s!

Just kidding (sorta). It is a tough call. The prime should be a great phone, but not a fan of samsung devices. Same holds true for HTC and their poor build quality. The RARZ will probably be a nice phone, but not sure motorola is capable of producing a phone with a decent camera.

So I guess the best option is to wait until they are all released if you can and play with all of them and see what works best for you.

Last edited:

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Get the iPhone 4s!

Just kidding (sorta). It is a tough call. The prime should be a great phone, but not a fan of samsung devices. Same holds true for HTC and their poor build quality. The RARZ will probably be a nice phone, but not sure motorola is capable of producing a phone with a decent camera.

So I guess the best option is to wait until they are all released if you can and play with all of them and see what works best for you.

I wasn't a fan of Samsung either. Until I owned one.

On the other hand, after owning several Moto's I'll never buy another.

Had good experiences with HTC too, but batt life isn't great and dont care for sense, but roms can fix that.