Just switched from iPhone 4...What is the best messaging app for keeping lots of texts?

bisqual

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I just switched from the Iphone 4 yesterday. So far, im not sure if I will keep the S4 or not. Since I got my Iphone over 2 years ago, I never deleted a single text. I have since transferred my texts over to my S4 and the messaging app is slow and constantly freezes. I have searched and found that the app simply cannot handle this many texts being stored. WHY? I find it crazy that my 2+ year old iphone can handle this no problem but the "supposedly best" phone cannot. In my searching I couldnt find if their was a definitive solution to this. Is their a messaging app that can handle all of these texts going forward or a way that I can back them up daily to always have them? I dont want to delete them because I shouldnt have to.

Last edited by a moderator:

HPotak

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same exact issue. I have 3 years worth of texts that I probably shouldn't have put onto the S4 but it is making the messaging app excruciatingly slow and unusable.

bisqual

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same exact issue. I have 3 years worth of texts that I probably shouldn't have put onto the S4 but it is making the messaging app excruciatingly slow and unusable.

Its horrible. It took 5 hours to delete one thread of 25k messages. Im not quite sure why the iphone4 which is less than half of this phone could handle it but this phone cant.

dkaralis

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I've had the same issue with too many open message threads in my stock messaging app. I don't know what it is that slows it down, but I clear the messages once a month. Try using another app that's available in the Play Store. Handcent SMS is one of the better ones.

markbc

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Try Handcent. I believe you can store & access your text messages with them if you open a (free?) Handcent account.

w0ng

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
i have no prob with stock, if you wanna try other messaging application, try handcent as suggest, or go sms.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer