Just upgraded to Nougat 7.0 and it destroyed my tablet (Nexus 9)

A

AC Question

I upgraded to Nougat 7.0 last night (took 3 hours) and thought it was going OK. After completion of it, my tablet is useless and unusable. Constantly receiving an error message on the screen every 2 seconds "Google play services keeps stopping - close app". Searched the internet for HOURS for a solution and nothing worked. This morning I called a number 855-836-3987 found on internet. They answered as Google. A technician informed me that there was nothing that could be done!!! Said that Nougat was in the testing stage and basically told me that since it was new, I had to suffer the consequences of losing my tablet. She said that the fix for this was taking it somewhere and having a technician try and fix it or that I had to do a complete factory reset back to the original settings and lose everything. I am totally frustrated right now to the point of sobbing. Is this the bottom line. Has this upgrade trashed my tablet and basically Google is saying, "Oh well." Can I get a response PLEASE???

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I see that this question ( my question) is being viewed quite a bit and not receiving any replies. Can anyone please tell me if my tablet is now totally trashed after this upgrade? If so, it infuriates me to think that I will have to buy yet ANOTHER tablet due to an upgrade that was supposed to make thing so much better.

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Cleared the system cache and it did not work. I have read that this error message may be caused by the Google Play services app being outdated and not compatible with this new Nougat. The problem is.....I cannot get to the Google Play store to update this app. When I go to the app, it does NOT give me a force stop or disable option. I have no way to get to the app at all to update it.

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Thank you Pugs1957 for your response. I went to APK but cannot figure out what I am supposed to do. I am not that computer savvy and both looked like a foreign language to me, adding to my frustration with all of the time I have spent on this situation, up until midnight last night at back at it again at 6:30am. If I had only known that this would happen, I would NEVER done the update. I would have continued on with what I had which was a great functioning tablet. I feel like Google has thrown me under the bus, especially with that techs attitude.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
OK. Download those 2 APK files If you can do this on the tablet it would be better otherwise they can be downloaded to your PC. Lets assume they are on your tablet having been downloaded using your browser. They will appear in your Downloads folder. Then co go to settings>security and allow installation from unknown sources. We then need a filemanager to use to navigate to the download folder to find the files you downloaded. I believe the Nexus can find files here Settings -> Storage & USB -> Explore . Once you have navigated to the downloads folder tap and install the files one at a time. I am unsure of this last bit and whether the inbuilt manager can install apps.
See how far you get and we can take it from there

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Pugs, but it appears that my issue has now been solved. I decided to call that same 855-836-3987 number back again to ask them one more time if my tablet was absolutely a goner like the first rep had stated. The second rep I talked to was named Jeremy and he had my problem solved in about 15 minutes. He was extremely knowledgeable, professional, and displayed a great patience and attitude of truly wanting to resolve the problem which he did and made my day. Thank you again, Pugs for your replies. As of right now, this post ( my plea for help) has been viewed 104 times with only one response of assistance (yours) and I thank you for that.

Doug Demagistris

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Pugs, but it appears that my issue has now been solved. I decided to call that same 855-836-3987 number back again to ask them one more time if my tablet was absolutely a goner like the first rep had stated. The second rep I talked to was named Jeremy and he had my problem solved in about 15 minutes. He was extremely knowledgeable, professional, and displayed a great patience and attitude of truly wanting to resolve the problem which he did and made my day. Thank you again, Pugs for your replies. As of right now, this post ( my plea for help) has been viewed 104 times with only one response of assistance (yours) and I thank you for that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer