Keeping Droid Closed

dadman#AC

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
OK, I'll admit upfront this is a stupid question. I'm gonna ask anyway!

Is there anyway to keep the Droid closed, to not slide out? I love the Droid, but hate the keyboard so I never use it. Aside from wrapping a rubber band around the phone, does anyone make something that will do this?

ptfd13

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
open the slider, put some super glue on the keyboard, then slide closed and let sit for 30 minutes.

I'm just kidding, I don't think there is a real good way to do that. I am with you though, I keep hoping for an otterbox that will be made for the droid and then I don't have to worry about the keyboard.

brdl04

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I am going to test this out, but it may or may not work. I was going to put some black electrical tape on the back in hopes that it is harder to get open.

brdl04

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
open the slider, put some super glue on the keyboard, then slide closed and let sit for 30 minutes.

I'm just kidding, I don't think there is a real good way to do that. I am with you though, I keep hoping for an otterbox that will be made for the droid and then I don't have to worry about the keyboard.

I would not be surprised if an otter box comes out soon. They are developing an otterbox for the Pre, but it will slide out.

G

GenericMessage

Are you having problems with it sliding out when you don't want it to?

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
How much do you want to ruin your phone? Aside from the superglue, you could always try some silicone-based caulk around the edges ;).

Marine One#AC

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I read on a forum somewhere that someone was having trouble with their Droid sliding open and it was suggested that they cut two 1" square pieces of clear package sealing tape, slide the phone open, and apply them to the back, one on each side of the magnet. The idea was that the added thickness of the tape would cause the phone to be less likely slide open as easily. I haven't tried it (haven't needed to), but it seems like it would be a cleaner solution than using electrical tape.

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63