Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
They'd have to really rework the data plan pricing for me to renew the 2yr sans UDP. My monthly tab on a tier plan would be like me buying a new Note 4 at retail with every billing cycle.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 2015-03-13 03.51.11.jpg
    2015-03-13 03.51.11.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 82

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I actually don't use that much data. I would use more if wireless wifi hub were free. I'm not sure second party options are within vzw contract regs so won't use them. If I switched to a 6 gig plan that included roll-over I would be fine and then have free wireless hub so best of both worlds. I can't imagine using 30 gig in a month without tethering. I stream music all the time and have never gotten close to 15 gig.

RMTURNER

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I have a samsung s4 now, so if I purchase on bestbuy the note4 , specify upgrade my device, then check eligibilty, and ignore the 2gb warning I see at bottom of screen. of course the one that specifies for verizon wireless and pop in my current sim card from my samsung s4
I will keep my unlimited data? I read your instructions and want to try it. I just have to ask first.... just a nervous nellie dont want to spend $300 and it not work. I really really want to keep my unlimited data.

thanks for your time

shortwave8669

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a samsung s4 now, so if I purchase on bestbuy the note4 , specify upgrade my device, then check eligibilty, and ignore the 2gb warning I see at bottom of screen. of course the one that specifies for verizon wireless and pop in my current sim card from my samsung s4
I will keep my unlimited data? I read your instructions and want to try it. I just have to ask first.... just a nervous nellie dont want to spend $300 and it not work. I really really want to keep my unlimited data.

thanks for your time

Yes you have the basic process and it is that simple.

Here are a couple of points to be careful about:
1) be sure to order for home delivery; in store pickup will cost you your UDP.

2) if you get any kind of call or email saying there is a problem with your order you MUST CANCEL the order but you MUST NOT CALL to fix anything. Calling to answer any questions will lose your UDP.

3) when new phone arrives treat the new SIM as toxic material it must never ever be used. Put old S4 SIM in new device before ever powering on the new device.

4) there is NO activation steps with the new device. Simply power it on (with the S4 SIM) and call any phone number (except to Verizon or Best Buy) to complete a call and you are done. If the call went through you are successfully done !!!!

Feel free to ask followup questions if needed

Posted via the Android Central App

RMTURNER

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
So I take it that the OLD samsung s4 sim is same size as NOTE 4 and I dont need to cut or get adapter....
Can this process be done the same if I were to purchase thru amazon or do you recommend I stick with BB?

thanks I am a happy camper if this works. Assume It doesnt make a difference we are 4 lines on a family plan, 2 of us has unlimited, one dumb phone, one is on 2gb plan as he was swindled by verizon out of his unlimited. Myn is available now for the upgrade and i intend to do thru bb or amazon if you think is ok. thank you very much

shortwave8669

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
So I take it that the OLD samsung s4 sim is same size as NOTE 4 and I dont need to cut or get adapter....
Can this process be done the same if I were to purchase thru amazon or do you recommend I stick with BB?

thanks I am a happy camper if this works. Assume It doesnt make a difference we are 4 lines on a family plan, 2 of us has unlimited, one dumb phone, one is on 2gb plan as he was swindled by verizon out of his unlimited. Myn is available now for the upgrade and i intend to do thru bb or amazon if you think is ok. thank you very much

Both phones use the same size SIM (micro).

I suggest purchasing through BestBuy.com as Amazon has their own additional ETF which might come into play if the new SIM never were used. Half of Amazon customers say they had to pay an ETF while half say they were never charged. So don't take any chances. Just use BB.

By the way the prices and promotions at BestBuy.com usually change on Monday mornings and Fridays. So if you miss a good price don't give up hope. Just make sure the device you want is available for shipping. Often the newest devices are not.

Good luck

shortwave8669

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
What steps should I take if the phone I want to upgrade to uses a nano SIM and my old one doesn't?

If the current device is a 4G device you can just cut the SIM card to the nano size and follow the Best Buy method to get a new device.

SIM cutters are cheap and abundant on Amazon

RMTURNER

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
the Note 4 went on sale today at BEst Buy. I just ordered it as an upgrade my device, shipped to me, and will take out my S4 sim card when it arrives on Tuesday.
I assume all the jargon about the verizon plan I had to acknowledge reading was standard before I could actually place the order.

I really dont want to lose my UDP praying this works!

Thanks for sharing

shortwave8669

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
the Note 4 went on sale today at BEst Buy. I just ordered it as an upgrade my device, shipped to me, and will take out my S4 sim card when it arrives on Tuesday.
I assume all the jargon about the verizon plan I had to acknowledge reading was standard before I could actually place the order.

I really dont want to lose my UDP praying this works!

Thanks for sharing

Confirmed. The VZW stuff is a warning I also saw.

1) don't allow even 1 electron to flow through that new SIM

2) Put your old SIM in before powering up the Note 4 the first time.

3) power it on

4) complete a phone call to any friend..if the call goes through you are done. If not contact me. Do NOT contact VZW.

Glad to help

RMTURNER

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I will do exactly as you say. For some reason it says its being delivered today!! One question, I do not plugin and charge before I put in sim card. I should open box and first thing I do is insert OLD sim card, then battery, then place a call to a friend, then go ahead with a full charge.

I am on a family share plan 700 mins phone w/ unlimited text...and unlimited data. This method makes no difference if on a shared family plan?

really appreciate your time to this thread!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adawdadawd