keyboard does not show at bluetooth pairing

A

AC Question

Hello
I want to bluetooth connect my OP3 to my car stereo (ford) but the numeric keyboard does not show on the phone. No idea what to do now. Cache cleared already.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! For me, pairing usually doesn't require me to enter anything into the phone. A passcode appears on both devices, and then the user should be asked to confirm. You actually have to type in the passcode? What shows up, a passcode entry field? If so, what happens if you tap the field?

Szicso

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Hi, thanks for your answer. When I want to connect, I can see the "ford radio" in the bluetooth menu in the phone but whan I tap on it, a four digit number comes up on the radio, and it says the number too, I need to type it in the phone, but there is no keyboard to type. :(
It was ok a few weeks ago, they worked together, but they forgot each other for some reason last week. I can't reconnect. :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Apps, and look for any apps you might have Disabled at some point. They should have a "Disabled" next to them, or they might be in their own Disabled category.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How old is the car system? If it's fairly old, is there any way to check if the firmware needs upgrading? I've seen threads about Bluetooth issues in older cars when trying to pair newer phones (although it often seems to be Samsung phones).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did your phone get a system update around that time? Or it might have been related to a Google Play Services update, but I'm not sure if that would be responsible for the Bluetooth pairing process.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you remember if it was working correctly immediately after the update? If not, then it most likely has to do with some conflict between the updated system and the car's Bluetooth system.

Szicso

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
But I can see on the phone's screen the "ford audio" and when I click on it to connect, the radio says that 4 digit number, -it is on the radio's screen too- but no keyboard.
Everything the same on the motorola, and my old LG G2 too except the keyboard, they work perfectly.
Maybe I need to do a hard reset? :(

Szicso

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Hello
I'm after that safe mode and the hard reset already, but the pairing still not working :(
I tried 5 different phones already, all ok, only mine op3 doesn't. :(
thanks for your help.