Killer deal alert! Just bought the Moto G Play new for $35!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So I was in Walmart and I was kind of in the market for a phone and I saw the GPlay sitting under the counter by itself. I ask to look at it then ask her to scan it to see how much it was and she says it's $35 dollars! It was the only one they had left but I'm in shock. 35 dollars almost seams like a mistake. I was like I'll take it! So heads up Walmart has the Moto g play for 35 or at least my Walmart did. I told a buddy of mine who builds cell phones and he wants to buy it and do all this kernal and rom to it and make it run fast. I'm supposed to be buying a 128g SE from him for 150 on Monday so I might sell it to him but this is an insanely good deal on this phone.

Toto39

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
It's Verizon prepaid which you can get unlocked for $2 or so from eBay. It will work on AT&T, but can't make phone calls as that is still network locked to Verizon.

anon(916519)

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
The VZW ones are in red and white VZW packaging, the unlocked ones are in mint green Motorola packaging.

Pretty sure the 1609s dont have the GSM bands

Toto39

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
The 1609 does have GSM, it is just locked out for phone calls by Verizon network lock. You can use the Hangouts Dialer app.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I just bought another one. I went to another Walmart and got their last one. The unlocked version comes in a small box that is white and green. It's 35 dollars and unlocked. I'm using cricket on mine.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Actually my buddy got two of these and he's a former apple engineer. He's already turned one of them to be as fast as the iPhone 6s. He builds cell phones and is like a genius in the tech world. I'm going to buy one of his that he's done work to. He said it's now like an 808 processor in the G4 play. Pretty amazing.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So I was in Walmart and I was kind of in the market for a phone and I saw the GPlay sitting under the counter by itself. I ask to look at it then ask her to scan it to see how much it was and she says it's $35 dollars! It was the only one they had left but I'm in shock. 35 dollars almost seams like a mistake. I was like I'll take it! So heads up Walmart has the Moto g play for 35 or at least my Walmart did. I told a buddy of mine who builds cell phones and he wants to buy it and do all this kernal and rom to it and make it run fast. I'm supposed to be buying a 128g SE from him for 150 on Monday so I might sell it to him but this is an insanely good deal on this phone.

It's not a mistake.

Both the unlocked and Verizon Prepaid Moto G4 Plays are going on clearance at Walmart.

The prices are correct. This is not a mistake.

You can use Brickseek to help find these deals, though stock isn't guaranteed. If they tell you they don't have them, never, ever, never, ever say that "well Brickseek says you have X number in stock".

Use these links and enter your ZIP code.

Unlocked Moto G4 Play (SKU 53150951): http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=53150951

As of this post, the lowest possible price is $35 if the store has it in stock AND has already marked it down. Don't have them price match their own store.

Verizon Prepaid Moto G4 Play (SKU 53970798): http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=53970798

As of this post, the lowest possible price is $19 if the store has it in stock AND has already marked it down. Don't have them price match their own store.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
It's not a mistake.

Both the unlocked and Verizon Prepaid Moto G4 Plays are going on clearance at Walmart.

The prices are correct. This is not a mistake.

You can use Brickseek to help find these deals, though stock isn't guaranteed. If they tell you they don't have them, never, ever, never, ever say that "well Brickseek says you have X number in stock".

Use these links and enter your ZIP code.

Unlocked Moto G4 Play (SKU 53150951): http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=53150951

As of this post, the lowest possible price is $35 if the store has it in stock AND has already marked it down. Don't have them price match their own store.

Verizon Prepaid Moto G4 Play (SKU 53970798): http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=53970798

As of this post, the lowest possible price is $19 if the store has it in stock AND has already marked it down. Don't have them price match their own store.
I thought $35 for the fully unlocked version was a crazy good deal. I could not believe it when she told me. I bought mine immediately. $150 phone for $35 brand new. Hard to beat. My buddy bought two of them and is making his faster. He's supposed to send me his zip file which will do the same to mine but I have not seen it yet. He said it'll take about 20 minutes to install. It'll be like that of an 808 processor in this phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hohenheimofdarkness