kindle fire sleep

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
When my wife's kfhd goes to sleep for a long period of time it seems I have to hold the power button to get it to turn back on. Is this a known issue?

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
When my wife's kfhd goes to sleep for a long period of time it seems I have to hold the power button to get it to turn back on. Is this a known issue?

The device seems to be in a "deep sleep" or something else is preventing it from waking up. Although a factory reset can be a hassle, it may be necessary in this situation. If there was an app or service recently installed when the problem started delete it. If there's nothing you know of that can be the source of the problem then consider a reset and start fresh.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
The device seems to be in a "deep sleep" or something else is preventing it from waking up. Although a factory reset can be a hassle, it may be necessary in this situation. If there was an app or service recently installed when the problem started delete it. If there's nothing you know of that can be the source of the problem then consider a reset and start fresh.
I read on some amazon help site that a hard reset could help. And so far it has. I checked it this morning and again just a few min ago and it seems to just be in its normal sleep state. What it seemed it was doing is powering off completely, as I would have to hold the power button and it would go through its normal power up cycle. She doesn't have very many apps on it so when she gets home from work i will ask her what one she just recently installed.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Just a quick update... Since I posted this thread my wife's kindle has been working just fine.