Lack of Forum activity

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't look like there is much recent activity lately. Have people moved on to another phone already? The Pixel 3 forum was fairly active until around the time the Pixel 6 came out.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Lot of people experience issues on the pixel 6 series so I'm assuming they went to the pixel 7

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have definitely noticed the fall-off in traffic. Conspiracy-minded nonsense - it is to drive us to the new phones since we miss the comradery of our lost, well, comrades! :D

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I always planned on using my 6 for 2 years and skipping the 7. When the 8's come out later this year I'll be picking up the pro model this time. FojlV6QXgAIwvPl.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kizzy Catwoman

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Lot of people experience issues on the pixel 6 series so I'm assuming they went to the pixel 7

I don't know if that last part is true. I routinely check the 7 forums and they don't seem to be that popular. I'm guessing a lot of people have moved to Samsung... It's just easier.

I still have the six, was tempted to move to the 7, but so far have stayed strong. Planning to get the 8 when released, though I'm not really sure why, the 6 still works good.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if that last part is true. I routinely check the 7 forums and they don't seem to be that popular. I'm guessing a lot of people have moved to Samsung... It's just easier.

I still have the six, was tempted to move to the 7, but so far have stayed strong. Planning to get the 8 when released, though I'm not really sure why, the 6 still works good.

Another possibility is that the lack of issues means less posting. Forums tend to be more active when there are complaints or glitches.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Pixel 7 definitely popular but probably most active is Samsung.

Out of all devices in the Forums most either have a pixel or Samsung the rest are here and there.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Pixel 7 definitely popular but probably most active is Samsung.

Out of all devices in the Forums most either have a pixel or Samsung the rest are here and there.

There are fewer brands available too. Pixel, Samsung, Moto are about all available since LG and HTC are gone.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The 6 is one of the best phones I have used - and lucky me, not a blessed issue. Hope to keep it at least one or two more years.
Pixel 6, T-Mobile

I do have one interesting issue. My 6 Pro will freeze up and I get no response from the screen. I can be playing a game or reading email or texting. I press the power button, it locks. I unlock and it works fine again. This has been happening for a good while now. Then as another thread indicates, recently I lost audible notification for text messages from Google's app.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Still really enjoying my 6 Pro. I've really never had any hardware issues with it other than the FPS being a bit slow (it's still accurate). And the few minor software bugs that I experienced when it was new have been cleared up.
I'll get the 8 Pro if it's a significant step up from the 6 (I didn't feel the need to upgrade to the 7).

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
My Pixel 6 has been almost perfect. I've needed some help from this forum, but overall I think this phone, along with the Pixel 3,have been very good.
My Pixel 3 quit suddenly, wirh, I'm told, was a condensation problem, or I would still be using it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using AC Forums mobile app

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I will say that I was a fairly vocal detractor of the Pixel 6, but they have ironed out almost all my issues by last summer. I was sure I would get a 7 or iPhone 14, but by the time those were released, my frustrations were gone and I did not feel the need to replace my 6. I'll see what the 8 offers, but as long as my 6 continues to operate as it does now, I may wait for the 9. I'm more interested in the Pixel Watch 2 if they do one.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I will say that I was a fairly vocal detractor of the Pixel 6, but they have ironed out almost all my issues by last summer. I was sure I would get a 7 or iPhone 14, but by the time those were released, my frustrations were gone and I did not feel the need to replace my 6. I'll see what the 8 offers, but as long as my 6 continues to operate as it does now, I may wait for the 9. I'm more interested in the Pixel Watch 2 if they do one.

I moved on from Fitbit after 10+ years to Garmin. I have no interest in a watch that has to be charged every day or every other. I get 10-11 days between charges most of the time.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I moved on from Fitbit after 10+ years to Garmin. I have no interest in a watch that has to be charged every day or every other. I get 10-11 days between charges most of the time.

Which Garmin gets 10-11 days of use between charges?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've been very happy with my Pixel Watch. I've tried many Wear OS watches (ASUS Zenwatch, LG Watch Style, Huawei Watch, Skagen Falster 2, Misfit Vapor X, Michael Kors Access Bradshaw, Fossil Carlyle, and Fossil Gen 6 -- good lord, I may have a problem;)), and the Pixel Watch is by far the best in terms of performance, battery life, and fitness tracking. Having to charge it every night is not a major issue for me, because it's just natural for me to remove my watch every night and put it on the charger on my nightstand